Showing Photo ID Required for Vote

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Sniper03, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

I was watching the News tonight and watched a discussion on the above issue. Just wondered what your views are. I believe a voter should be required to show a legal photo ID in order to vote. Of course you will never guess which party is against it. Can we say the folks who supported ACORN in the last election. Anyway, another senator had a great idea regarding their argument about the old and others who would not be able to afford a state ID. I am sure they do not have any trouble buying cigarettes, bews and dope! :rolleyes: He advised they would either send out a van to get the person who would have to provide proof of who they were. I guess a city bill like water bill, tax receipt or whatever. And then they would take them to get a certified photo ID. Or a second option he mentioned was sending out a city or state photographer to the house to take a photo and get them a certified ID for voting purposes. Tennessee and Indiana have already got it and in Indiana the Supreme Court upheld their requirement. Like one senator stated, you have to show ID when you cash a check, get a drivers license, use some credit cards, get a library card, rent a movie and etc. I just think the one group is not for it because it would make it more difficult to rig an election as was done in the past with ACORN and other organizations that are still operating today on their behalf under the radar screen! As well as all the dead people who miraculously rose from the grave last election to vote before returning to the cemetery!:rolleyes:
    What do you think!

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Thousands of fraudulent votes are cast every election by people without ID. The UT campus Democrats are well known for leaving their voter registration cards behind when they graduate. The college pukes vote dozens of times each. Early voting is very easy in Texas. They show up and vote every day for two weeks and then several times on election day.

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

The way I figure it, if I have a voter registration card, how hard could it be to put my picture on it?

And didn't ACORN somehow manage to cast votes in dead peoples names?

4. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

No...photo ID's should only be reserved for important things. For instance, I had to show my drivers license photo ID to return a camera at Best Buy today.

5. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

You need ID for everything today I could not start a bank acount without one.The DEMS dont like it in Wis. because most are BLACK! and LAZY! and they wont be able to get people from Ill.to come here and vote!.:D

6. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Actually...every time voteing comes around...I'm stunned that an ID is not required. According to all laws of common sense, it is quite likely the only time a photo ID should be required.

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

It has been required for some time now in Virginia- cut & paste from the State Board of Elections:

Regular Virginia ID Requirements for All Other Voters
    Virginia law requires all other voters to provide identification (ID) at the polls, or sign an Affirmation of Identity under felony penalty, in order to vote at the polls. This ID requirement also applies to absentee voters who vote in person. Voters subject to this regular ID requirement will have the word “State” after the “ID Required” item in their on-line voter registration record.

Acceptable forms of identification include the following:

Virginia voter identification card
    Valid Virginia driver's license
    Military ID
    Any Federal, state or local government-issued ID
    Employer issued photo ID card
    Social Security card
    Any voter who forgets to bring acceptable ID to the polls may still vote but, will be requested to sign, under oath, an Affirmation of Identity form affirming that he/she is the voter he/she claims to be. A voter who requires assistance to vote by reason of physical disability or an inability to read or write may, if he so requests, also be assisted in completing this statement.

BTW, anyone found falsifying that Affirmation of Identity just committed a felony. Called perjury- false swearing under oath.

8. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

We got ID cards for the kids awhile ago. Had to sign papers, show our ID'd, and have birth certificates. We use them as "student ID's" given that we home school and are asked for them periodically to get discounts and such. We also got my father-in-law an ID after he quit driving (age 87) and it was no big deal. My grandmother got an ID card when she was 95 and her birth record burned in a church fire in the early 1900's. Heck, I would volunteer to help the poor, old folks, minorities and such get their voter ID if they had a problem doing it themselves. For that matter if a person couldn't figure out how to get an ID they probably couldn't figure out how to vote!

This opposition to requiring a photo ID is just a red herring.

9. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

10. stickhauler

stickhauler New Member

Every state that has mandated a state issued ID has also included a provision that those unable to pay for it would have one provided absolutely free to them.

These cheating SOB Democrats want to stuff the ballot boxes again, so a form of Voter ID is bad to them. Just business as usual.

For God's sake, vote these fools out of office while we still have something like our country left intact!

11. Sarge22

Sarge22 New Member

Can't afford an id card? In SC an id card costs ten bucks, and city buses run in town. And for those outside the bus routes, how hard is it to get a relative to give a lift? Seems excuses rather than personal accountability is more and more a hallmark of the human race everyday.

12. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

IMO and from what I observe, there is a large group of people who do not want to be identified in any official way. Hence the widespread of 'street names,' non-use of last names, etc. Some of these folk have multiple names in the system. I suspect some are drawing government aid checks under several I.D.s. And some are paid for their votes and cast under several names. It's not that they don't have I.D., it's that they have more than one and they fear Voter I.D. would pin them down to one 'official' name.

13. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

I
    So do i. The Democrats have fought against voter id for a very long time.

14. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Democraps like voter fraud. It gets em elected.

15. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Back to what C-3 stated they have to sign an affirmation of identification. And I know a lot of states have that. But what kind of verification is that when you are dealing with dishonest people in the first place. What happens if person one comes in and signs affirmation for Fred Smith goes to the machine and votes. Here comes person number two the next day who is the real Fred Smith who finds he has already signed on the line when he has not been to the pole. Now what happens and who did number one vote for. After consideration of the previous posts maybe a drivers license is not enough? Maybe everyone should be required to sign by their name to vote and also be required to produce a "certified copy" of their Birth Certificate. Or acquire a bar coded card (using a certified birth certificate) for positive ID like a credit card that they must us and have scanned at the poles to vote. Therefore if the card had been previously scanned it would not permit a second vote on the same bar code. And a counterfeit card for me and you would be harder to produce. It is amazing how smart some of us common Americans are and the they are not smart enough to force the right procedures. And as previoulsy stated the Democrats survive on fraudulant votes and scams like ACORN. Who is still operating under new names! And yes!even dead people were voting in the last election for example. It never seems to amaze me in America that I can go overseas and use my Master Card and if they want to varify my identity they can do it in a matter of seconds. But the American voting system can not even control the voting process here in the USA. Whoops! Answered my own question! It is because they do not want to due to the fact they can not tamper and have fraudulant votes on their behalf if they should put a good system in place! True or False? :rolleyes:

16. stickhauler

stickhauler New Member

Just remember, Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse are registered voters in Wisconsin, they signed the petitions to get Obama on the ballot in 2008. And here I thought they either lived in California or Florida (maybe Paris, France). Are residents of those states or countries allowed to vote in Wisconsin? If so, they've got as bad as Minnesota, where enough votes were faked to elect Al Franken.

17. thdrduck

thdrduck New Member

Wisconsin once tried to make it as easy as possible for people to vote (remember, it's our right). For some reason most of you think that is a bad thing. We all know that if someone wants to break the law they will find a way and photo ID will not change that. There was already a strong anti-voter fraud system in place in Wisconsin provided the poll workers did their jobs. How many of you have ever worked an election? I'll bet that if you contact your local clerk they will be more then happy to have you then you can watch first hand how all those dirt bag poor people stuff ballot boxes. Plenty of chances this year with the Spring Primary, Walker recall and Presidential. I'd be surprised if even one of you have ever worked an election and I bet less then half of you even vote. Enforce the laws we have and punish the people that break them, wow, what an idea. I'll stop for now and let the Monday morning quarter backs take their shots at me.

18. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Yep, its our right. and it sure is easy to vote. Democrats got plenty votes from dead people, convicted felons, and illegals. I recon you support that.
    And I have worked an election, ya jackwagon. :D

19. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I currently reside in WI and have legally voted in a total 5 states, I even successfully voted with a punch card in Florida. :rolleyes: WI is without a doubt the easiest of those 5 states to walk in and vote fraudulently.

Walking in and registering to vote on the day of the election is ludicrous, with or without photo id.

20. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

"Enforce the laws we have and punish the people that break them, wow, what an idea."

You mean like voting illegally?It would be much easier if they had to provide identification before exercising their most important right! I can't get on a plane without taking my shoes off and you think showing identification is an imposition?