Showing off the new gun - Springfield EMP 40

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by shank, Aug 26, 2008.

1. shank

shank New Member

I picked this up last Saturday and ran 200 rounds through it on Sunday.
    Not one flaw during my outing.
    I plan to run some HP through it this weekend and figure out what feeds / shoots best. I am also trying to decide which IWB holster I should order.
    Anybody already have / carry this gun? I would love suggestions as to HP and holster that have already been known to work well with this gun. It would really save me from burning up cash doing the old trial and error process.
    Right now my primary is a S&W 642 in pocket so there is a huge learning curve on holster buying.
    Thanks for any help you can offer up.

The pics
    - My new baby X2
    - It hanging out with my Ruger P95 and S&W 642
    - Target after rounds 51-100. Shot at 15 yards (I love this gun)

Attached Files:

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Looks like you got yourself a nice shooting 1911 there. I don't own that model, but I have several 1911's and love them all...

JD

3. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

Awe that's cool. If it was black polymer and said Glock on it you'd have a keeper!

I am kidding. I had a Springfield V10 that I loved but gave it to my dad (guess I love him more). I don't know what year the V10 was discontinued, but yours appear to be the same size. It shot better than my SA 1911 and my buddies Kimber Pro Carry.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Blasphemy! To the Gallows with that one!! :D

JD

5. JPBeck

JPBeck New Member

Keelhauling-- is more like it. :D

Very nice 1911 platform. I like the bi-tone-- looks like the little sister to mine.
    [​IMG]

I'd like to own one like yours but I don't think its "allowed" here in CA. (AKA Commie-fornia)
    Once again nice pistol--

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

LOL - I knew I liked you.... :D

JD

7. cbw

cbw New Member

Shank,

Nice, I've been looking at them but there pricey. How much did you have to pay if you don't mind me asking?

CBW

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Enjoy that rascal! :cool:

9. cbw

cbw New Member

I read that the Bianchi holster for the Colt defender will fit this gun. I have one (EMP 40 ) on order and expect it at the end of the month.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  10. Landor

Landor New Member

I love the EMP's. You lucky dog you. I hope to own one very soon.:D

11. shank

shank New Member

CBW
    I walked out the door right around 1100.
    A friend of mine thinks I am nuts being that he got his glock 40 for less than half of that. I think he is nuts being that he has over 2000 in rims for his car.
    I am very happy with it and cant wait for the weekend to go run some more through it.
    Thanks for the holster info, I will look into those.

12. cbw

cbw New Member

Emp 40

I finally picked mine up and ran about 100 rounds through her. I had 3 stovepipes but the range/shop owner said not to worry as they usually take about 500 rounds to break in. I think I may have not pushed the ammo all they way into the clips at first, because these occurred only during the first 25 rounds. I was shooting Winchester 40 SW 165 GR FMJ I had a consistent pull up and left.(not enough trigger finger for a right hander) I let the shop owner shoot her and he put 5 in a 3" circle at 25 feet so it's not the gun. Since I was the only one at the indoor range at the time I was able to kill the lights and use the night sights. This stopped my pull to the upper left and produced great accuracy.Tough little 1911 to take apart, I was glade that I saw a video on U-tube that showed how to do it as the book was not clear to me. Had the little plastic clip fire across the room and man is that spring strong! Does any one know how to disassemble this without the plastic piece? Sorry the picture came out blurry but I had to size it down and I do shake some, should have used a tripod!

LOVE it.....cbw:D

Attached Files: