Firearms Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been posting "non-gun" stuff and decided to get back to firearms - by posting a pic of 2 of my favorite 1911s.....both in .45acp.....top is my Nighthawk "Enforcer: with after-market wood grip panels.....and then my Guncrafter Ind, "No Name", also with favored wood grip panels

have other 1911s but these two are my favorites :

·
Supporting Member
14,395 Posts
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Material property Gun accessory

ROCK RIVER CUSTOM PRO CARRY 45 ACP (1 inch Group at 50 Yards out of a Ransom Rest in Shooting Times Magazine Test.)
Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Wood

COLT COMMANDER CUSTOMIZED BY ROCK RIVER ARMS 1911 MAKERS 45 ACP
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

FRIENDS OF THE NRA KIMBER GUN OF THE YEAR. 45 ACP
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

SIG SAUER 1911 22 CAL.

Reactions: primer1

·
Registered
8,019 Posts
Mine aren’t much to look at.

Springfield with a few Colt parts among others.

Fusion, frame, slide and barrel that I built for Service pistol matches (above the Sig 220)

Air gun Trigger Wood Grey Gun barrel

Norinco, with some Colt grips.
Air gun Wood Gun barrel Everyday carry Gun accessory

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
wednesday and it's already hot hot hot - so I'm trying to do stuff "inside" to keep from going "outside" - will add a few more of our 1911 things :

Wife's Ed Brown Special Forces in 9mm

my Springfield TRP in .45

these 2 "Baby Brownings" in 380 are somewhat newly acquired by/for my Wife - they run flawlessly using FMJ Ball ammo, have yet to try HP ammo - these 85% sized 1911 "fit" wonderfully in the hand - as good or better than my Browning HP and compact CZ - would recommend either barrel length for anyone - new, experienced, young, old, male or female - good solid pistols

then here are our "stub" 1911s - STI Elektras, both 3.24" barrels, my "Black" in .45, her "Pink" in 9mm

·
Supporting Member
14,395 Posts
Pierre and Friends! Very nice pistols.
And Pierre I am with you brother! I went out on the porch this morning to let our two, four legged children out to do their thing first thing. I was going to set down in one of the Rockers while they did! The thermometer said it was already 89 but but felt much hotter (9:30 am)! The weather channel said it felt like 100 already! So, I am with you I am inside watching the Men's College Baseball World Series. And I might add that Arkansas had dominated every game they have played in the Series. You Razorbacks should be very proud of them! (y) The score now is Arkansas 9 Auburn 0.
Plant Property Building Wood Flowerpot

So, you all have a comfortable day and keep those Pictures coming! :)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
like "the man" said : "temperature, in the shade, reported to be 92º".....sure glad I don't have to work in the shade.....

been out, just came back in - going around to all our "flagged" sprinkler heads, most of which are grown-over with grass - so digging 1' diameter circles around each of 'em so as to avoid running over 'em with equipment and so they'll function properly (pop up)

too hot tho so I'm finished with the outside for the day

a couple more 1911 pics :

STI Tactical 4.0, 4.26" barrel in .40cal

and my most favorite of all to shoot is my Coonan Classic in ,357magnum - if I could love things like guns, this one would be "it"

·
Supporting Member
14,395 Posts
Thank Pierre,

I did not know they made a 1911 Pistol in the traditional 357 Magnum Cal. Interesting!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, I believe there have been just 3 - LAR Grizzly, Desert Eagle and Coonan - thinking that the Desert Eagle is the only one still being made (?)

I originally bought 2 Coonans - a Classic and a Cadet but I didn't care for the stainless finish on either nor the junk wood grip panels so I sold them - then Coonan came out with a black duracoat finish and sporting black aluminum grip panels so I jumped back in and have never looked back

Coonan has been in and out of business a couple of times and, in my opinion, Dan Coonan is a ..... well, I don't care for the guy (but sure like his pistols)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts