Show your car carry setups!

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by chloeshooter, Jan 24, 2014.

1. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

Nothing fancy here, I use an inexpensive IWB holster to keep 'technical assistance' at arms' length in the pickup

How about you?

Attached Files:

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

That would give me more problems in Florida than hiding a Govt 1911 in my speedos.

Here in Florida, concealed is concealed.

3. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

Huh, We are still free here in WA state, I transition from open carry, concealed carry, vehicle carry and back again without any problems.

Still no answer for Shower Carry tho'

4. Polygon

Polygon New Member

I still haven't found a good answer for car carry. Right now I just keep it on my side. But I would love to see other people's ideas.

5. TeaBaggins63

TeaBaggins63 New Member

I havent found one that i use consistantly. Collinnoir on youtube has a good video oh his car carry if you want to check it out. There's two videos. Part two is the one worth watching.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Firearms Talk mobile app

6. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Thats actually a good set up if you need it close by, and it's the only Gun you have with you in the Car. I prefer "just forward" of the seat, Or in a "Car" safe Mounted to the "Hump" or inside the Console(we have a '12 Ford Escape)....
    I also think folks should invest in a secondary safety locked car cabinet either Under the back seat or if you have an SUV, Under your rear Deck space. Most of these set up are just a few 100$'s. I have seen the 2 Long Gun/2 Handgun Models for less then $400,...If you just carry a Handgun when in your car, a $99 Gun Vault works fine...

7. Weiss

Weiss New Member

I have the Kingston holster & I like it. It's accessible & doesn’t interfere with driving (even manual transmission).

Attached Files:

8. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

If you use a "truck/car holster" do you also CC. If you do why not find a better way to CC.
    I carry iwb or owb in the same location all the time and drive and sit with no issues with a 6.5" long tp40

[​IMG]

9. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

My normal ride is a Grand Caravan, so there is a Kahr CW45 riding in the drawer under the passenger seat with a spare mag and a DB-15 pistol in .223 with Sig-Sauer forearm brace riding in a scabbard with 2 extra mags on the back of the passenger seat. Ohio law states any pistol can be carried in your personal vehicle and does not have to be on your body.

These are the vehicle guns - my wife and I both CCW while in the car so the guns in the vehicle are only backup/getaway guns.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  10. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Same place I always carry it.............

Attached Files:

11. hq357

hq357 New Member

This is kick ***

Sent from my LG-C729 using Firearms Talk mobile app

12. hq357

hq357 New Member

I just have a hunting survival knife by my seat in case I need to cut out of my seat belt or defend my self from a car jacker is it legal to carry a 6 inch long in a sheath in your car in arizona?

Sent from my LG-C729 using Firearms Talk mobile app

13. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

HQ, not sure about the law, but you should definitely check it out. I have seen state laws where carrying a knife like that is a felony where a loaded gun is only a misdemeanor. Definitely worth looking into before an LEO encounter!