Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I meant to ask but never did, is that a 1943 or a 1947? It's kind of hard to make out.

·
Banned
18,636 Posts
And no, I'm not the one who did that to the stock, or add the scope. Or the new barrel. Or the Timney trigger.

C

·
0 Posts
I don't have one, But I've kind of always wanted one ever since I saw Paul Hogan carrying one in one of the Crocodile Dundee movies.
cottontop

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Technically the pattern 14 & 17 are not Enfields..............
Technically not the same thing, but it shares the name, so I'll let it slide. :D

This one technically isn't either but it's still cool. ;)
I love break-top revolvers.

Enfield No.2

Attachments

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
They do not share the same name...............
Technically they are the, (Rifle, .303 Pattern 1914) and the (United States Rifle, cal .30, Model of 1917) but they were saddled with the label American Enfield, so I guess I will let it slide...............

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They do not share the same name...............
Technically they are the, (Rifle, .303 Pattern 1914) and the (United States Rifle, cal .30, Model of 1917) but they were saddled with the label American Enfield, so I guess I will let it slide...............
My mistake, how did they get the Enfield label?

·
Banned
18,636 Posts
Ya see, what had done happened was...

We were helping the british out, building some rifles for them. Then, when we got involved in WWI, ordnance found it would be pretty simple to take the same action, make a few changes, chamber it in the classic .30, and issue it to our own troops.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ya see, what had done happened was...

We were helping the british out, building some rifles for them. Then, when we got involved in WWI, ordnance found it would be pretty simple to take the same action, make a few changes, chamber it in the classic .30, and issue it to our own troops.
Sweet, I need to find a 1917 30-06 then.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
my 1906 Enfield when i got it (top) & wearing No. 4 furniture (bottom). personally i like it more in the bottom photo

1 - 20 of 57 Posts