Firearms Talk banner
21 - 40 of 214 Posts
some pictures of a Marlin M60 i bought a couple of weeks ago, just waiting on the scope rings to come in. i decided to delete the factory iron sights and go with just a scope. stripped the old finish from the stock, restained it. cleaned all the metal and painted the barrel and reciever with flat black paint.

Attachments

One week old refurbish!??

Here is my latest project. A Ruger 10-22. It has been updated ( even though I just bought it brand new one week ago) to the ProMag Archangel AA556 R conversion. It was as simple as remove 3 screws, lift out the assembly and 4 more screws, remove the old sights and bases and viola. Then added a red dot, flashlight, bipod grip and 25 round mag and I have the coolest most reliable 22 plinker on the planet. All for under $400 that's cool.

Pic 1 is the Archangel Ruger AA556R/10-22
Pic 2 is with big brother Ruger AA556

Attachments

wow some excellent craftsmanship here!

I'll post some of mine:

This one was bought at a local gun show, I overheard a seller trying to sell an old sporterized Arisaka to someone. The seller offered the gun at $100, then $50, then $35 and even offered to throw in a box of new ammo.

When the original prospect walked away, I swooped in and agreed to the deal. For $35 I bought an Arisaka Type 99 Rifle and a new box of Hornady ammunition.

I did a bunch of work to it, including cleaning up the lines of the stock, installing a new recoil pad, refinishing the metal and wood.

before & after comparisons

This blog post has links to the entire restoration:

http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/2014/09/sporterized-arisaka-redux-part-5.html

Here is a High Standard Supermatic 12 gauge that I paid too much for, I was looking for a project and this was all I could find at the time. The stock was broken and the metal was rusty. I freed up the action, got all the rust and pits out, reblued the steel, polished the aluminum and found new butt stock to refinish

Before

after:

This is a Marlin 1894 Cowboy in .357 Mag, that the original owner but back in the Styrofoam container when the gun had moisture on it, the result was the cancerous rust.

It was the second gun I blued with the hot salts method and the results really pushed me to go farther. The pictures do not do the gun justice, I had yet to learn how to take a decent picture.

http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/2013/05/a-new-start.html

before and after pictures:

21 - 40 of 214 Posts