Show off those refinished guns!!

Discussion in 'Engraving & Refinishing' started by SneakyPotato, Aug 25, 2011.

1. SneakyPotato

SneakyPotato New Member

Get out your best pics and post em here. Stripped off the blue to antique it? Post it here. Refinished those ugly orange grips or stock? Post it here. Sent it in and got it Turnbulled? Post it here. Before and after pics are appreciated.

:D

2. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

I'll bite... I'll have to move the pic's to my computer but I'd enjoy posting some of my work for all to see.

3. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

Here's one to get started with (had the photo's on my work computer)..

Marlin Papoose rifle that was given to me by my Ma-inlaw. Not a whole lot of work needed but clean up and re-blue.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  4. Toll13

Toll13 New Member

I don't have before pics but this bad boy spent 3 weeks under water after Katrina and my dad has been working on it since.

Attached Files:

5. SneakyPotato

SneakyPotato New Member

Great rebluing job! Did you do that yourself?

6. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Old Man,

Would you like to share the procedure you used to do the fine job you did on the Barrel? "Great Job!" :)

7. D-Ric902

D-Ric902 New Member

I got one
    [​IMG]
    Colt Compact before and with idiot scratch

[​IMG]
    After Novak sights and Metaloy hard chrome and new thumb safety

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. FROGMAN

FROGMAN New Member

I've been thinking about making my Desert Eagle a two tone but I'm hesitant because of the upper rails getting to much chrome screwing up the slide.
    It's to expensive a gun to not have it working perfectly. Has anyone here tried it & can they post a pic?

9. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

Sure thing...

This particular rifle was not as bad off as it seemed so I was able to use Oxpho Blue cold blue to restore the finish. The reciever is an alloy so it recieved a few coats of Dura Coat.

For anything more involved, I would use a hot blue. Outside of course since it's very caustic and my shop is not suitable (ventilation).. I've not done any parkerizing yet but that will be next. Most of my work is blueing or DuraCoat.

10. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

my latest project, stoeger 12ga O/U shotgun

my stoeger 12ga O/U that i refinished the stock and forearm on. i have never been a big fan of high gloss finishes. always liked the hand rubbed oil finishes better.

Attached Files:

11. Doc Neeley

Doc Neeley New Member

One of my Mustangs

I got this little guy plain jane with a few handling marks and sent it to Jim Downing who engraved the slide and reblued it after. I then added the sambar grips. One of my favorites to carry.

Here's before and after pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did the same thing with my nickled Mustang II but it got MOP grips.

[​IMG]

12. trip286

trip286 New Member

Doc Neely, that is beautiful.

Mosin Nagant, just didn't like the red color. for the hardcore purists- I'm sorry. Picture sucks, but it's colonial walnut stained. I don't even know what kind of wood it is, I know there were several types used.

Attached Files:

13. ManInBlack83

ManInBlack83 New Member

ChiCom Paratrooper

Before:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

Polish Wifama 78

Before:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

14. ManInBlack83

ManInBlack83 New Member

Norinco SKS-M

Before:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

Russian 51 Tula

Before:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

15. hmh

hmh New Member

Trying to add pictures sorry if it doesn't work. First Bushmaster second 870 powder coated and barrel trim third savage 17hmr barrel trim powder coated stock trim. Did it all myself with my wifes oven (for the powder)

Attached Files:

16. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

1927 Argentine (Sistema Colt) Manufactured in 1959. Rebuilt and customized fifty years later in 2009.

Before:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

17. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

An amazing example of a truly perfect refinish!

Thumbs up. I really like that gun. Mad jealous here!

18. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

This is the outfit that did the refinish. It's a husband & wife team and they're good people. Link: CCR-REFINISHING

19. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

Winchester Mod. 290

Here's one I did for a friend of mine a little while back. A new process I used here was draw filing round surfaces... Restored the reciever finish with DuraCoat and refinished the stock to match original look. Enjoy.

Attached Files:

20. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

More of the Winchester

Barrel and Loading tube were pitted .. Looks as though it was stored muzzle down in a bucket of water.. All pitting was removed prior to reblue and paint Despite what the one picture shows..

Attached Files: