Shout Out to the Po-Leese!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Gatoragn, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

https://www.fox13news.com/news/lost-alligator-hitches-ride-in-back-of-hillsborough-county-cruiser

An alligator in Hillsborough County got to ride in the back of a patrol car after getting lost. According to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office, someone called to report that an alligator was in the middle of the road.

Two deputies responding to the call, grabbed the gator, taped its mouth and legs, before picking it up and putting it in the back of their cruiser. They drove the animal a short distance to drop it off in its natural habitat.

kfox75, primer1, RJF22553 and 4 others like this.
  2. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

download (6).jpeg
    Oh yeah, gators natural habitat in South Florida.:cool:

towboater likes this.

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I hope they untaped it before they let but loose.

4. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

They did.

5. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

Not their first rodeo.

6. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

oh that's just a baby, I've seen a gator at Ft. Stewart, Ga that sprawled across a tank trail, the tank trail was about 15-20 feet across and he parked himself in the middle of it, and there was no way he was going to move and we couldn't go around him as there was swamp on either side of the trail, he was just chillin' and sunbathing paying no mind to us.

only thing we could do was to turn our tracks around and find a different route to get to where we were suppose to be.

the thing looked like something from the prehistoric age. it was a monster

primer1, winds-of-change and kfox75 like this.
  7. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

I was playing in a golf tournament at Perdido Bay in Pensacola back in the 80s and when my group got to the 9th tee there was a 6ft. alligator sunning himself right smack dab in the middle of the tee box. One of the other players threw a ball at it and hit it right on the nose. The gator opened his mouth to reveal about a million teeth. I split and I mean quickly too. The rules committee let us play 9 after we finished up. Didn't matter anyway I shot a 75 and that won't even win a Kewpie doll in a golf tournament but that looked better than having a WD by my name.

primer1, winds-of-change and kfox75 like this.
  8. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

Time to return to your roots.....

[​IMG]

sheepdawg likes this.
  9. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

Was playing I think in Hilton Head, we used to go there at least once a year. One time tee box is behind a small rise, water hazard to the right almost the whole length of the fairway. Hit a decent shot, sliced just a touch to the right. walked over the hill and my ball was laying next to a huge (at least to me gator). I dropped a ball close to the cart path and took a penalty stroke. Different course there, 18th green is basically a small island, used 1 club too little and my ball fell about 18 inches short of the green into the water. When I got to the green I could see my ball within reach in the water, I could also see a pair of eyes, with a pair of nostrils about 16 inches away from the eyes poking out of the water about 30 or 40 feet away. I don't know how big the rest of him was, I went straight to the drop area, I suddenly didn't want my ball back.

We almost always saw at least 1 gator when golfing, but very seldom close to the traveled path.

sheepdawg likes this.
  10. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

those critters aren't afraid of anything, once they stake out their territory you are the home invader and they aren't about to move.

11. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

Putting was a strong point of my game, it's all that's left now. A couple of times around it and I'd eat it up.:cool:

Mister Dave likes this.