Shoulder rig yay or nay? POLL

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by jeffkaiser1989, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Yes!

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. NO!

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  1. jeffkaiser1989

jeffkaiser1989 New Member

What you guys think? Yay or nay on a shoulder holster for a 1911?

2. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

If you do not mind wearing some sort of jacket all the time.....sure why not. I use to wear one with my Colt Mark IV while in the States. I had to carry large amounts of cash to the bank.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

You tend to sweat all over the gun. Lmfao

better judged by twelve than carried by six.

4. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

The only reason I voted no is because I couldn't conceal with what I wear most of the time. Now, if I was a "suit", then, yes, I'd definitely be more interested. It actually looks and sounds like a comfortable way to carry.

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

As used for concealment, I have found that different situations require different holsters.

A shoulder rig or cross-draw are great when having to sit for a while, but there are limits on when they can be used.

6. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I had a shoulder holster back in my early 20s, but it was for a Glock23. To me it was never that comfortable and I was always moving around trying to make it comfortable. I vote NO, give me a gool 'ol hip holster or IWB any day

7. orangello

orangello New Member

One time more moob is better; it adds to the concealment.
    :p

8. msup752

msup752 New Member

I used one for a while with my g21. It was difficult to conceal well and uncomfortable. I was adjusting the straps more than my wife adjusts her bra!
    While I did like 2 extra mags that were easy to carry and very accessible, I felt that weapon retention was not good either. The rig is now in a box somewhere and has been for more than a decade.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

9. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i think it might be dependent upon your clothing choices. might have just try one out and see it it's comfortable and suits your needs.

10. jeffkaiser1989

jeffkaiser1989 New Member

With some of the coats i wear the one i got from a friend seems to work well. not very comfortable and need to adjust the straps some more but it does work. Its amazing that i can carry a full size 1911 and have it fully concealed.

11. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

If you want a shoulder rig, just go get one. Don't worry what anyone else thinks. If you will actually use it, it is a worthwhile expenditure.

12. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I really only liked them when worn open, for back-packing/hiking or when deployed and doing driving.

13. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

^^^This...
    I wear one all the time in colder weather (when I wear a coat or jacket).
    I also won one on this forum in a holster giveaway. It is a Kangaroo Carry Air Marshal 2 (or 3).
    It is not leather like my other one (Chesty Puller rig from Simpy Rugged) but is made from a strechy/elastic-type cotton material and is secured by heavy duty Velcro straps.
    It can be worn over a shirt or tee-shirt or under it (directly against the skin). It is fully washable (for any summer time or warm weather concerns).
    Due to that, I can conceal a full sized 1911 or Hi-Power with no coat or jacket.

It is great & very comfortable.
    I would highly recommend Kangaroo Carry!!

14. k9guy

k9guy New Member

I got a jackass rig had it so long wore the shoulder straps out got new one from galco i like it

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

15. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

Sure. . . It's a free country.

I like the JackAss / Miami Vice version just fine. Doesn't get much use anymore, but one did.

16. string1946

string1946 New Member

I have a Andrews Leather Monarch shoulder rig for the 1911 I wear when I'm out and about on my property. Gun on the left side and two extra magazine and a Cold Steel Tanto on the right. I like it.

17. stag556

stag556 New Member

I've used one more during the winter months, when working outside. Much nicer than caring IWB for a full size. Also when out ice fishing or snowmobiling up by my parents. There are more and more Black Bears and wolves up by them.:eek: