Firearms Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on a lot of shooting with an M1A. Many years ago I dislocated my right shoulder and though I have no trouble hunting, I wonder about shot after shot with 7.62. I was considering a shoulder recoil pad like I see at Cabelas. But, do they stay on, do they work, and what is a good one.
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I'm not sure about the one you're talking about but I do use one when I plan on doing a lot of shooting. It has a strap that goes around my chest that holds it in place, and yes it does help. It's doesn't make a big difference, but I can tell when I have it on or not after 20 or 30 rounds. :)

·
Banned
2,193 Posts
25-5 said:
I plan on a lot of shooting with an M1A. Many years ago I dislocated my right shoulder and though I have no trouble hunting, I wonder about shot after shot with 7.62. I was considering a shoulder recoil pad like I see at Cabelas. But, do they stay on, do they work, and what is a good one.
Thanks!
I had a complete shoulder surgery 2 yrs ago an recoil does not bother it an i shoot alot this is muliemaster i had to redo my account on here, i shoot a 338 alot an i mean alot so i think you will be fine unless your recoil sensitive then get a pad.

·
Banned
2,193 Posts
25-5 said:
Thanks!
Also check out limbsaver slip on recoil pads they work great

·
Supporting Member
11,983 Posts
25-5

You can also get a separated shoulder pad that you just slip on over your shirt on your shoulder. A friend of mine uses one all the time with his M1A due to a past shoulder injury and likes it. That way there is no modification to your rifle at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
recoil pad

Thanks guys.
Appreciate the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts