shoulder recoil pad

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by 25-5, Jul 26, 2012.

1. 25-5

25-5 New Member

I plan on a lot of shooting with an M1A. Many years ago I dislocated my right shoulder and though I have no trouble hunting, I wonder about shot after shot with 7.62. I was considering a shoulder recoil pad like I see at Cabelas. But, do they stay on, do they work, and what is a good one.
    Thanks!

2. TLuker

TLuker New Member

I'm not sure about the one you're talking about but I do use one when I plan on doing a lot of shooting. It has a strap that goes around my chest that holds it in place, and yes it does help. It's doesn't make a big difference, but I can tell when I have it on or not after 20 or 30 rounds. :)

3. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

I had a complete shoulder surgery 2 yrs ago an recoil does not bother it an i shoot alot this is muliemaster i had to redo my account on here, i shoot a 338 alot an i mean alot so i think you will be fine unless your recoil sensitive then get a pad.

4. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Also check out limbsaver slip on recoil pads they work great

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Agreed and they are cheap. You can usually pick them up at Walmart.

6. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

25-5

You can also get a separated shoulder pad that you just slip on over your shirt on your shoulder. A friend of mine uses one all the time with his M1A due to a past shoulder injury and likes it. That way there is no modification to your rifle at all.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  7. 25-5

25-5 New Member

recoil pad

Thanks guys.
    Appreciate the help.