Shoulder holsters

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Missouribound, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Missouribound

Missouribound Active Member

I have a basic question about CCW shoulder holsters...but I'm afraid it may come off stupid. I am left handed. I have a few LH holsters, both IWB and paddle for my left side. I am interested in a shoulder holster. Now I realize that a holster for shoulder carry is on the support side. But how are they described? Is a "left" shoulder holster for left draw, or is it positioned on the left side for right hand draw? I can't seem to find the answer on any of the mfg. sights, so I thought I would ask here, where surely some of you have shoulder holsters and would know the proper description and designation.
    Thanks once again for your help.

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Missouri,

They are termed as Right Hand or Left Hand the same as a standard holster. It is not a stupid question since there is no such thing here for those of us who are more than glad to assist our fellow and lady shooters. If you want to do some computer research Google Galco Shoulder Holsters for sale and you will be able to review some there!

3. HighSpeed

HighSpeed New Member

If you check out sites like Lapolicegear.com there's usually a description like "order left hand holster for right side carry/draw" or something to that effect. I had the same issue when I was trying to order a Taser holster since my department policy requires support side cross draw.

4. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

You got your answer above. A left hand shoulder rig the actual holster is under your right arm. I have a Bianchi X16 shoulder holster. I believe the X15 is a vertical draw. Galco makes good stuff too.:)

5. HighSpeed

HighSpeed New Member

^ Yep. I have a Miami Classic by Galco that I wear when I feel like playing Miami Vice for the day, lol.

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Andrews leather monarch.

The older one I have allows for the holster to be removed and put on a belt.
    (And I do not have the tie down straps.)

7. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

So if you had the jackass rig you would.....? ....Never mind..That's just WAY too easy..lmao!

8. txpossum

txpossum New Member

I have the Miami Classic also, and while I don't wear it often, it is a super kewl holster.

9. string1946

string1946 New Member

I just ordered a Andrews Monarch shoulder rig today and he will make it for either side you want. I don't intend to try to conceal a 1911 goverment model but just want something to wear around here when I'm away for the house.

10. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I bought a cheap nylon holster off ebay. I bought it way to large. Then a seamstress charged me $20 to fit it to me. It is one of the most comfortable holsters I own.

11. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

Attached Files:

12. shorterj88

shorterj88 New Member

I made the mistake of ordering from falco holsters. Not only did the order take about 6 weeks longer to arrive than promised, their customer service SUCKED. I will say I am happy with the quality of the holster and it's ability swivel as you draw. Falco 71r was the product number for my Ruger gp100 6in.

image-779574119.jpg

13. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member