Shoulder holsters..

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by tshoot91, Oct 17, 2012.

1. tshoot91

tshoot91 New Member

I am looking for a good quality shoulder holster for this winter. I want something that will last. Any suggestions or experiences with this type of holster?

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I've had real good luck with Galco-
    Google it & check them out :)

3. utf59

utf59 New Member

+1 for Galco.

4. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Dont waste your $35 on unkle mikes. They are totally uncomfortable.

5. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I have a Galco Miami Classic shoulder holster that lasted two deployments although I only used it while we were in the wire.

6. tshoot91

tshoot91 New Member

Thanks for the replies, I'm running into an issue though. I have a Px4 storm, and cannot find a Galco for my model.

7. REDTAIL

REDTAIL Member

First off for what gun are you looking for a shoulder Rig for.? I by passed the Galco rigs & went with a Bodyguard Rig from Alessi Leather for my 1911's. spent about $180.00 + shp on it. But it's the best $$$$ that Iv'e ever spent on any leather rig. So check out their web site, & if you call them up ask to speak to Tom he is the MGR. that took over the operation after the passing of Lou Alessi. I think you will love their work & the comfort of their shoulder rig. Good luck & keep us posted on your decision etc.

8. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

Try DeSantis for a shoulder holster. I use a Safariland for my Glock, but have been using this one for 25 years with no issues.The holster is lined and protects the gun's finish as you can see and even detaches and can be used on a belt. I and my son have several of their holsters and are completely satisfied.
    [​IMG]

9. tshoot91

tshoot91 New Member

Alright here is an update. I just ordered a DeSantis Patriot, found one on ebay for sixty dollars that comes with a dual mag holder also. Even though it may not be all leather, I figure for the price it is worth a shot.

10. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

You won't be sorry with it. For the price you can't go wrong and the nylon will hold up very well and protect your weapon. DeSantis holsters are very well made and selection was a nice choice. Best of luck with it.

11. phildenton

phildenton New Member

12. tshoot91

tshoot91 New Member

Yes found it on ebay, do a search on there. You would be amazed at the price breaks you can find.

I also picked on a crossbread super tuck for $43.

13. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

+1 on the Galco JackAss or Miami Classic - great for auto's
    and good things to say about the Biachi X2100 for large revolvers.

Let us know how you like your new DeSantis Patriot

14. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

I am long in the body. I tried on a lot of expensive shoulder holsters that never fit me. I ended up with a $35 Ebay holster that I had a seamstress fit to me. My problem is I have XXL shoulders and a XXXL body length. So for $50 I got a great shoulder holster that no one could fit. Well there was one other option, drive to El Paso, TX to be measured and have one custom made by El Paso Saddlery. No holster company could take measurements from a professional seamstress. I let her pick the holster and fit it to me.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  15. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

I know this isn't a shoulder holster but I just bought an elite survival iwb holster. For 25$ I felt it was worth a shot but what do y'all say?

16. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The best shoulder rig I own is a Dirty Harry made in Katy, Txs. These were special order rigs for .44 Mag Mdl.29 S&W handguns in the 1970s. This is the same shop that made the orginal one for Clint Eastwoods S&W. These are well made from incredble leather. Of course Eastwood did not have a .44 Mag 29 he had a Mdl. 57 .41 Mag in the movie.:confused:

17. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Hoss Fly thx for the correction on the 10-6 .357 Mag. I own many S&Ws but nothing over a -2. That is what happens when you and your guns are both old. I need help with the modern S&Ws.;)

18. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

I agree. Most people don't know that he used a 41 mag and not a 44. I'm very familiar with that rig and they're very well made. When I bought my model 29 in 1975 I purchased at the same time a Safariland shoulder rig for $35 that's held up beautifully all these years. I always loved their green suede lining. Back then their holsters were all leather and not man made material, though I have a couple of those as well. They also stand behind their products like no one else.:D

19. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

Interesting.
    I looked it up on two sites
    A quick look tells me it may the right NEW options for the Bianch X2100, that appears to be out of production.

Nice find, Nice Share.

20. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

KG71L, Yep the old originals were made in Katy, Txs. about 40 years ago. I have been using there rigs over the years. These are real shoulder rigs. Most of these one size fit all stiff leather things slides around like a 40 pound saddle on a burro. They are most uncomfortable when packing Big Iron. The STU is made for serious use.:)