Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have my sights set on an SP101 357 3". Problem is, I can't find a new one anywhere. Some LGS guys tell me Ruger is months behind in the production of this gun. So should I wait or source another weapon? What even comes close is what I am trying to figure out.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Have my sights set on an SP101 357 3". Problem is, I can't find a new one anywhere. Some LGS guys tell me Ruger is months behind in the production of this gun. So should I wait or source another weapon? What even comes close is what I am trying to figure out.
from what my LGS told me a couple of months ago, Ruger is putting in place measures to increase production of their present line of pistols and have been behind for some time. he told me that Ruger suspended all future orders until further notice. he said that delivery of new orders might take place in August or September from what the distributors are telling him. only time will tell.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just damn. If it's August or Sep, I guess I can put some money down & wait (kind of a LGS layaway). Found a used one 250 miles away. Thinking about making the drive. Is that sick or what?

·
Registered
667 Posts
danolator said:
just damn. If it's august or sep, i guess i can put some money down & wait (kind of a lgs layaway). Found a used one 250 miles away. Thinking about making the drive. Is that sick or what?
road trip!

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
If you have your heart set on something, don't settle, wait it out, keep looking. Did this once, always regretted decision, ended up selling the one I settled for and got the one I didn't want to wait for!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
axxe55 said:
from what my LGS told me a couple of months ago, Ruger is putting in place measures to increase production of their present line of pistols and have been behind for some time. he told me that Ruger suspended all future orders until further notice. he said that delivery of new orders might take place in August or September from what the distributors are telling him. only time will tell.
All of my lgs have new shipments of rugers

·
Administrator
34,281 Posts
If you have your heart set on something, don't settle, wait it out, keep looking. Did this once, always regretted decision, ended up selling the one I settled for and got the one I didn't want to wait for!
Exactly this.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I had to wait a couple months to get my LCR. It was worth it though. I think I could of got the S&W and still been happy, but I knew in the end I would of still wanted the LCR.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Agree completely, same thing happened to me. Wait for what you really want and when it comes in you will be allot happier. Just my opinion, good luck and enjoy!!!

·
Administrator
34,281 Posts
I had to wait a couple months to get my LCR. It was worth it though. I think I could of got the S&W and still been happy, but I knew in the end I would of still wanted the LCR.
What did you like better about the LCR vs. the S&W?

·
Registered
21,822 Posts

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
So should I wait or source another weapon?
There's your answer.

The way the gun market seems to work, you may be waiting 6-12 months...maybe longer. Get it done through Bud's.

My own bad habits would probably have me ordering one through my LGS, and then buying something else (Ruger LCR, SW M60) to keep my happy for time being. After the SP101 arrives you can always sell whichever you like least, right?

The SP101 is an excellent gun. I have a 2.25" that I'm about to sell because I just don't carry it. But apart from my own tendencies, I have zero complaints.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Go to Bud's or look on a gun auction site. The SP 101 is a great wheel gun and will last a lifetime or three. Mine is a 2-1/4" .357 and I hope to pass it down the daughter one day. Never settle for less than what you want.

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
There's your answer.

The way the gun market seems to work, you may be waiting 6-12 months...maybe longer. Get it done through Bud's.

My own bad habits would probably have me ordering one through my LGS, and then buying something else (Ruger LCR, SW M60) to keep my happy for time being. After the SP101 arrives you can always sell whichever you like least, right?
The SP101 is an excellent gun. I have a 2.25" that I'm about to sell because I just don't carry it. But apart from my own tendencies, I have zero complaints.
Reminds me of me :rolleyes:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
levelcross said:
Go to Bud's or look on a gun auction site. The SP 101 is a great wheel gun and will last a lifetime or three. Mine is a 2-1/4" .357 and I hope to pass it down the daughter one day. Never settle for less than what you want.
YOU DA MAN!!! Order placed at a great cash price. Thanks.

BTW - I am not a patient man, but was ready to bite the bullet and take the wise advise of everyone else. Going away this weekend, but next week...she go bang.

Decided to buy brand spanking new, but the auction is cool.

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
YOU DA MAN!!! Order placed at a great cash price. Thanks.

BTW - I am not a patient man, but was ready to bite the bullet and take the wise advise of everyone else. Going away this weekend, but next week...she go bang.

Decided to buy brand spanking new, but the auction is cool.
Buds is a great place to deal with- at least have been for me :cool:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Now for the perfect 357 SD ammo.....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts