Should I wait on the Ruger

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by danolator, Jul 15, 2012.

1. danolator

danolator New Member

Have my sights set on an SP101 357 3". Problem is, I can't find a new one anywhere. Some LGS guys tell me Ruger is months behind in the production of this gun. So should I wait or source another weapon? What even comes close is what I am trying to figure out.

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

from what my LGS told me a couple of months ago, Ruger is putting in place measures to increase production of their present line of pistols and have been behind for some time. he told me that Ruger suspended all future orders until further notice. he said that delivery of new orders might take place in August or September from what the distributors are telling him. only time will tell.

3. danolator

danolator New Member

Just damn. If it's August or Sep, I guess I can put some money down & wait (kind of a LGS layaway). Found a used one 250 miles away. Thinking about making the drive. Is that sick or what?

4. marc29th

marc29th New Member

road trip!

5. LikeABoss

LikeABoss Member Lifetime Supporter

If you have your heart set on something, don't settle, wait it out, keep looking. Did this once, always regretted decision, ended up selling the one I settled for and got the one I didn't want to wait for!

6. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

All of my lgs have new shipments of rugers

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Exactly this.

8. kalboy26

kalboy26 New Member

I had to wait a couple months to get my LCR. It was worth it though. I think I could of got the S&W and still been happy, but I knew in the end I would of still wanted the LCR.

9. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Agree completely, same thing happened to me. Wait for what you really want and when it comes in you will be allot happier. Just my opinion, good luck and enjoy!!!

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

What did you like better about the LCR vs. the S&W?

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

The trigger, hands down!

12. RNstanger

RNstanger New Member

I just got me one of these last week. I absolutely love it. In fact it's sitting right next to me right now :D

I say wait

Attached Files:

13. LastRound

LastRound New Member

I've had mine for 17 years and no problems. I agree, you should wait.

14. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

There's your answer.

The way the gun market seems to work, you may be waiting 6-12 months...maybe longer. Get it done through Bud's.

My own bad habits would probably have me ordering one through my LGS, and then buying something else (Ruger LCR, SW M60) to keep my happy for time being. After the SP101 arrives you can always sell whichever you like least, right?

The SP101 is an excellent gun. I have a 2.25" that I'm about to sell because I just don't carry it. But apart from my own tendencies, I have zero complaints.

15. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Go to Bud's or look on a gun auction site. The SP 101 is a great wheel gun and will last a lifetime or three. Mine is a 2-1/4" .357 and I hope to pass it down the daughter one day. Never settle for less than what you want.

16. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Reminds me of me :rolleyes:

17. danolator

danolator New Member

YOU DA MAN!!! Order placed at a great cash price. Thanks.

BTW - I am not a patient man, but was ready to bite the bullet and take the wise advise of everyone else. Going away this weekend, but next week...she go bang.

Decided to buy brand spanking new, but the auction is cool.

18. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Buds is a great place to deal with- at least have been for me :cool:

19. danolator

danolator New Member

Now for the perfect 357 SD ammo.....