Should I Trade?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Vikingdad, May 27, 2013.

1. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I may have an opportunity to trade for a SIG P220. I have a Ruger Super Redhawk .454 Casull that I have been considering trading off. Not sure if the guy is interested in the Ruger though. I have fired a similar SIG that a friend of mine has and it is a nice gun. I currently do not have anything in .45ACP, but I was hoping for a 1911.

What do you all think?

2. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

As long as you've considered where to get ammo , might be very , very , very , very KOOL..! :(

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

the Sig p220 is one fine pistol as is the Ruger Redhawk. maybe someone that knows gun values would be able to assess the approximate value of both to see if it's an equal trade. if you don't shoot the Ruger alot or just don't enjoy it anymore, it might be a good trade.

4. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I reload and have everything I need to load up .45ACP in stock right now, so ammo availability is not a problem.

The Ruger is nice, but it is painful to shoot. I don't shoot it very often as a result. I could download the rounds but then what would be the point? I am ready to let it go for another good gun. I won't sell it outright, but only trade it. I would probably meet up with the guy so we can shoot what we would be getting in the trade. Full disclosure and all.

5. Axxe55

sounds like a good plan and idea to me. let us know how it goes if you decide to trade.

6. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Axxe, do you have a SIG P220?

7. Axxe55

i have shot a few Sigs in the past. very well made pistols. i have an Astra A100 in 9mm which is a Spanish made pistol made very similiar to the Sig P228. very solid and well made pistol. Sig has an excellent reputation for making quality firearms, but they are not cheap or cheaply made.

8. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Oh good Lord! I have an Astra 44 mag that I all but forgot about until you mentioned the name! Maybe I could toss that in on the trade LOL!

I am not a fan of the Astra...... at least not the one I have. I think I paid $40 for it.

9. Axxe55

i think that's one of the older Astras. they use to make revolvers as well. mine was made in about the late 1990's IIRC.

10. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

That is around when I got mine, I think mine was made in the '70's? It looks like a S&W Dirty Harry knock-off. As I remember it is missing a screw or has a broken screw. I should take it out and see. Maybe tomorrow. I am going to a Memorial Day barbecue at the range tomorrow, maybe I'll throw it in the truck when I go.

11. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Sig 45..

Never shot the 220 but read a recent review somewhere that says this is a great Gun. Did meet a Navy Pilot once during some over water quals and bunch of guys went to the rear of the ship for gun practice. Let this Navy Phrog(frog) Pilot(CH-46) shoot my 92SB/F and he let me shoot his "new Sig" and I believe it was an early 226...outstanding. Remember it so well I'm looking at a Sig 230/232 for DW..Sounds like a good deal to me if you offer him both Guns he'd be nutz not to take it!!;)

12. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I'll give you $50 for it. :D

13. Axxe55

i'll offer $55 if he pays the shipping!:p

14. tri70

tri70 New Member

You don't see many 454's around here. You can shoot 3 different loads with those right?

15. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

You can shoot .45 Long Colt (which is quite tolerable) and .454 Casull- which is bone crushing.

Funny story, I was going to visit a guy I know who has a .50 AE Desert Eagle and he was claiming that his .50 was way more powerful than my .454 (he did not believe the published ballistics on the rounds- or just didn't understand them which is probably more likely).

Anyhow, as I was heading over to his place I grabbed a box of .45 LC on my way, and had a box of (I think it was) CorBon hunting loads. Mind you, I had not yet tried any of the .45LC in my gun at the time.

When I got there I loaded up 3 of the .45LC and 3 of the .454, told him that the first three would be mild ones to get him a fell for the gun, then the next three would be full power. He pulls off the first round and I thought it sounded a little quiet, so I looked down at the box of .45LC in my hand and only then noticed that I had picked up a box of Cowboy Action loads!:p

My buddy fired the next two, looks over his shoulder and says "That's nothing!" and I said "Yeah, well the next three are gonna be a lot stronger!".

He fires the next one off:eek:, nearly hits himself in the head on recoil, staggers back while dropping the gun to his side holding it by the trigger guard, continues past me, handing me the gun without looking at me and staggers into the house not to be heard from again that day.:D

He was impressed I would say!

On another visit (where he would not fire the Casull) he had a bowling ball, he shot ot once with the .50 AE and chipped it (he hit off center) whereupon I shot it dead center and completely shattered it into a million pieces.

I normally would not have let a guy hurt himself like that, but this guy is really the sort who asks for it. And he is really a dick.

16. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Around here Super Redhawks over the going price of a used Sig. So as long as you are fine with the ammo availability and cost it should be a pretty OK deal.

I love the Super Redhawks. I got one with the 9.5"bbl. I'd like one with the 5.5 or maybe even 7.5. But mine is pretty cool, just hard to get out of a holster...:cool: