should i trade my taurus 24/7 pro for a 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by gibson279, Jun 30, 2011.

1. gibson279

gibson279 New Member

so i got a taurus 24/7 pro ds recently but i dont real like it i mean its ok but i dont like the feel of and i would also like to have a steel pistol and i like the 1911 better so should i trade it or not
    thanks

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Gibson,

Please do not take offense to my fist comment. It is only a question. Why did you buy it if it did not feel good to you! Super Deal?

Anyway, if it doesn't fit you and you would rather not take the time to become familiar to it? You will probably take a little bit of a beating when it goes to trading it. I would suggest selling it to someone you know or have a dealer sell it for you and pay the small amount of commission for the dealer. At least that way the normal check on the purchaser and paperwork will be completed getting you off the hook. The 1911 Semi-Auto is one of my favorites and there are some good ones out there varying in price ranges.

3. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Short answer----
    HELL YES!

4. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

What they said ^^^^ :cool:

5. jakebrake

jakebrake New Member

put me int "hell yeah" vote.

6. moonpie

moonpie New Member

man is right

7. gibson279

gibson279 New Member

@sniper03 i got it from a friend pretty cheap so i said what the hell

8. gibson279

gibson279 New Member

also what about the ruger sr1911 are they any good or should i go with rock island or springfield

9. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Personally, the Ruger or the Springer....or get both. ;)

10. parinoid54

parinoid54 New Member

YES - TRADE! For two reasons; one, what you have is a Taurus (yuck) :eek:, and second, you are going up to a 1911 :D.

By the way, I have an old English Grammer school book I will send you for only the cost of postage ;).

11. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

hellz yeas u shuld trade it i would in a hartbeet!!!!!!

12. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Every day of the week and twice on Sunday!

13. parinoid54

parinoid54 New Member

Canebrake is going to smile (somewhat) over this, but I STRONGLY recommend a Colt, or (to make me happy), a Smith & Wesson E Series 1911. Both are the top choices at a human being price. Both are made in the USA (unlike the Springfield), and both use FORGED frames (unlike the Ruger). Yes, you can buy a cheap "chinese" knockoff of anything these days, even companies who buy the name of an old US icon (Springfield), who I understand are still using a two-piece barrel. Yeah, I said TWO PIECE BARREL! Don't believe me? Ask a master, like Canebrake! Ruger makes very good investment cast revolvers, but their use in the frames of their 1911s are new and are unproven. If you want to be a ginny-pig (sic) in the field for them, well, it's your hand.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  14. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

Trade it, but remember that there are other good pistols out there besides the steel 1911. Look around. Go to the range and see what you can shoot. You might be surprised what you find that you will like.

15. freefall

freefall New Member

Trade it. it's guinea pig.

16. 1911newbee

1911newbee New Member

i have about 1000 rounds through my springfeild 1911 and am loveing it.so i would lean towards that over the ruger.just food for thought.

17. ACRhino

ACRhino New Member

The 1911 or 1911A1 basic GI from almost any firearm maker pretty much feels as natural in my hands as my own manhood ... it's god's given proof of love to mankind.

18. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

I loved the way that my 1911 felt in my hand when I carried it. Then I tried a Sig P229 and it felt better to me. I liked the high capacity mag and wanted one in .45, I ended up finding the XD45 Service and have been carrying it ever since. I looked at a Para P-14 but it felt wrong to me.