Should i trade my S&W 1911pd for an AR?

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by brewna01, Jan 6, 2013.

1. brewna01

brewna01 New Member

Smith and Wesson 1911PD, commander, scandium frame, .45acp for a Core 15 AR? I have no experience with Core ARs. I like my pistol but because of all the idiots in Washington I'm considering the trade. Thoughts?

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Keep the 1911 and buy a stripped lower. (<$100)

Once you have the receiver, you have the gun and can build it over time.

3. brewna01

brewna01 New Member

That was my initial thought for getting my first AR, I will have to luck out to find a stripped lower for under $100 anytime soon. I guess I don't NEED an AR that badly right now. It'll make the wife happy since she just bought me a under the bed safe that would've been useless had I made the trade.

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

5. 70cuda383

70cuda383 New Member

nice links, but they all appear to be out of stock? if you have always wanted an AR, then right now, it sounds like a good trade. 1911s are everywhere in the gun stores. ARs however, are not.

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

You had no need for one "before"?
    Keep your 1911 ;)

7. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

Yes.. I agree with Canebrake. Keep the 1911 and but an AR lower.

8. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

You are going to let others decide this for you? Might as well just post a poll then. Afterwards, you can run for office lol

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

He did come asking advice.

Besides all my free advice comes with this:

[​IMG]

10. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

yes, I am funning with the man a little. I support the idea of asking advise on this forum

11. brewna01

brewna01 New Member

I kept the smith. I'll wait till the craziness dies down and prices return to somewhat normal. Probably get one in the next 6 months or so. You know, I could tell it was the right move because I felt relief after I declined the trade! I like a rifle just as much as anyone but there's no substitute for a stout 1911.