Firearms Talk banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
I would ask for a DL number. Thats wat I do when ever I sell a car, for the same reason if he crashes or uses the car in a crime i'm coverd. Jus a thought

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
It's not "taking advantage" by selling at market price. Remember, market price varies on all products in life. When I turned 16, gas was 1.50 a gallon. When I was about 18-19, I bought gas as low as .61 a gallon. Now it's friggin 3.25. Markets fluctuate, people buying set them. Personally, I have taken great advantage. I sold 500 rounds of Wolf for $300. And honestly, I could have probably gotten more. It's called capitalism in the secondary market, it's called price gouging when retailers do it.

·
Banned
6,150 Posts
When the administration talks about "universal background" check...I believe they mean to outlaw private sales. Not simply require a buyer and seller to meet at an FFL for a background check...as is already required at many States gun shows...but prohibit it outright and make it a Fellony to sell a gun to anyone BUT an FFL.

If I'm right, this would cut the value of everyones collection down to wholesale and take the "investment" incentive out of guns.

Might be a good idea to take advantage and sell any surpluss off now.

Tack

·
Registered
363 Posts
Here in KS you can sell privately at a gun show. You have to check the gun in with the LEO's at the front door and away you go. Just check the laws where you're at. Def go with cash if you can. A lot of folks that I deal with on accessories and such want a USPS money order. Not sure if they're a more secured mo or not.

Hope you can get it sold. Good luck.

·
Registered
821 Posts
When the administration talks about "universal background" check...I believe they mean to outlaw private sales. Not simply require a buyer and seller to meet at an FFL for a background check...as is already required at many States gun shows...but prohibit it outright and make it a Fellony to sell a gun to anyone BUT an FFL.

If I'm right, this would cut the value of everyones collection down to wholesale and take the "investment" incentive out of guns.

Might be a good idea to take advantage and sell any surpluss off now.

Tack
Holy s--- man way to give me more anxiety! Thats a scary thought for sure, never thought about how that would literally strip gun values down big time. At BEST you get around half of what your gun is worth

·
Banned
6,150 Posts
Holy s--- man way to give me more anxiety! Thats a scary thought for sure, never thought about how that would literally strip gun values down big time. At BEST you get around half of what your gun is worth
Exactly...

I've seen folks writing Wal Mart and emploring them to stand there ground and stay in the gun business?

^^THIS^^ is FOOLISH. We do not need a handful of croney capitalist big box retailers who ONLY sell, refuse to buy, and won't do transfers.

We DO need a robust private trade facilitated by small, Familly owned FFL's who actually NEED our business to survive.

Any letters to Wal Mart should be to remind them what consumers and wholesalers did to Smith and Wesson when their parent company broke ranks and sided with the Clinton administration.

Tack

·
Registered
629 Posts
HOSSFLY said:
Then go choke on your puke ;)
That's one of the funniest comebacks yet!!!

61 - 78 of 78 Posts