should i take advantage of the panic buying?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by potentialglock, Jan 10, 2013.

1. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

I have an m&p9 that I bought as my first handgun. I'm not nearly as accurate with it as I am with other guns. I can't carry it because its too heavy and bulky. And in the home defense scenario id go for the 1911 or shotgun. I feel I could take it to the gun show next week and probably get as much as I paid for out of it. Thoughts?

2. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

They go for approx $550 new. You would get HALF of that for a straight up trade at your LGS. On consignment you might get $475 assuming its in excellent shape. I dont know how used gun sales work at a show (vendor fees, etc) but I think its safe to say you could sell a USED M&P 9mm in excellent condition for $450

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013

3. armed1212

armed1212 New Member

Hey ive been looking for 1, hint hint.... : ) .prices ive seen are about 500 new give or take. I dont think you'll that much yet.Handgun prices havent jump that much yet.... At least down in fl. I'd hold it longer if u wanna make money of it.

4. potentialglock

In Virginia can't I just walk into the gun show and say I wanna sell this.

5. potentialglock

Every show I've gone to has several walkers with signs on their back. They're not with a group nor do they have a table. They just walk in and say I wanna sell this and they get checked and are allowed in it looks like

6. StainlessSteel215

Wonder what sort of re-seller fee they charge at a gun show. I think all in all, gun show or not....its safe to say you can make up to $450 if its in GREAT shape and at least 2 mags w/box. Why not list it on here in the classifieds?

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Go inside & start conversations--Then>
    Parking lot? :confused:
    Legal here (so far) :eek:

8. potentialglock

I should be able to walk around inside the gunshow with a sign on my back

9. StainlessSteel215

That is the most irresponsible thing Ive ever heard. A parking lot gun sale?? Cmon man....thats part of the national issue. If you dont make a transaction on the books...legally....what if you just sold your pistol to a stick-up guy?

People looking to eek out a bigger profit putting greed over responsibility makes me sick.

10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Then go choke on your puke ;)

11. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

So shud this ^ guy ;)

12. StainlessSteel215

"Sure I dont know you partner, but you can haz my shiny new Rock Island 1911 for....say....$1000. You look like a "good guy" so I'll give you a steal on it!"

Yeah, you are a REAL patriot there Hoss. Yee haw.

13. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Didn't say i was one of the dummies buyin ;)
    Yes- I'm a American & earned the right to say yes or no :)

14. potentialglock

I wouldn't be stupid about it. Is follow local laws regarding the sale of a firearm to a private citizen

15. StainlessSteel215

I thought so, figured you for a guy with morals per some of our discussions on here. Nothing wrong with making a few extra bucks but NOT at the expense of personal irresponsibility.

Let us know how you make out. Thats a hot ticket model right now so Im sure you will do ok

16. potentialglock

I'm only trying to get as much as I paid. Not trying to rip anybody off.....unless they ran up without prompting and said ill give you X amount of money!!! Who am I to say no??

17. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Always ask more than you're willing to take-
    Just smart bizzness ;)

18. potentialglock

Of course! I always haggle to less than I wanna pay to! That way when I cave for "only" $50 less than they originally wanted they feel they won. I'm a people pleaser

19. potentialglock

Where are the classifieds? Can I do it from my phone app? Does it have a fee?

20. potentialglock

My problem is I can only accept cash.......unless my butt crack is secretly a card reader?????