Should I put it up?

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Win73, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Win73

Win73 Member

I have a Marlin Model 39A Golden Mountie, 1967 vintage. I have read lately that they are becoming expensive. Should I put it up or use it only on special occasions and use my 10/22 for my working gun?

[​IMG]

2. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Put it up clean an oiled, use that ruger for work an play

3. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

I'd say use it but if your primary is a 10/22 you might as well store it, 10/22's are the Toyotas of plinkers & don't break very often.

4. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Put it away value is all about condition. If u plan to sell it if not use it they are swert lil lever guns

5. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

I have a 1950s 39 M. It is not going to retire in my life time. These were made to use. Why buy guns for the safe? You may make a few bucks but you rob yourself the pleasure of using a nice rifle. Give up an all steel and walnut m39 to shoot a Walmart Ruger never.:rolleyes:

6. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

To each his own dont ya think

7. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

If you can, keep it. The market is down for everything right now. Thats a sweetie btw thanks for the pic.

8. Win73

Win73 Member

I am not going to retire it. I will take it to the range and shoot it. I just don't think I will knock around in the woods with it or carry it on my 4 wheeler. And I definitely will not sell it. I have a six month old grandson that I hope to pass it on to someday.

Here is what my father passed down to me, 1891 vintage.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

I'm with ya on that, I've got a 1913 Marlin 37 that gets gentle treatment...
    as I want it to be around for my twin baby boys to play with later on :)

[​IMG]