Should I go ahead and order some 47D's

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by DarinCraft, Jan 27, 2010.

1. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

I haven't received my Kimber Custom II yet, but since I was placing an order at Midway I was wondering if I should just go ahead and order a couple of mags.

Another question is how well do the 10 round mags perform? How many mags will my Kimber come with?

Thanks
    Darin

2. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

You bought a 1911 and don't know how many mags it comes with?

I think eleven. :D

3. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

hahahaha....I thought that was funny too, but seriously I can't find the number anywhere. All of my others came with two, but you know what they say about assuming......

I was hoping for about 20:eek::p

4. Flint Rock

Flint Rock New Member

I too like the Tripp mags, more so than the Wilson 47D's. I have also been well pleased with the Chip McCormick Power Plus mags. They run about $10 less and are a quality mag.

5. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

All Kimbers come with only one mag :mad: It pissed me off, so I traded them off towards other pistols.

6. NGIB

NGIB New Member

You are hereby kicked out of the 1911 owners club.

Seriously, I've never seen very good performance out of these mags and I personally wouldn't own them myself. If you need 10 rounds of .45 - get an XD.

All my mags are Wilsons and Chip McCormicks. I hear good things about Tripps as well but the S&W 1911 I had just would not function at all with Tripps, worked 100% with Wilsons and McCormicks. Don't buy a ton of mags until you find the ones YOUR gun likes the best...

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  7. Transman

Transman New Member

My Kimbers use Kimber mags,7's and 8's,with no problems!