Firearms Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
XDM 9mm in olive drab
5 mags
all the extra stuff that comes with the xdm plus 150 in cash for......

A Colt New Agent with four mags and a IWB leather holster.

I have yet to see the colt but was told it is in excellent condition. The deal would be FTF if it goes down.

Just want your opinions.

·
Banned
6,150 Posts
In my area your gun retails for about $550.00 and comes with 3 mags.

Your 2 extra mags retailing at $25 each pushes your "retail" value to $600 plus the ammo "I assume plinkers" push the Package up to about $640 in value BUT again, that's new retail so condition is everything.

Colt New Agents retail for $960 up to $1025 depending on caliber. I assume your looking at a 9 mm and have decided your XD is too fat to CCW effectively.

The proposed trade puts you at swapping a total package value of $790 for a New Agent that would cost you $960 plus tax, BGC, Ext...

I'd say it's a very fair deal for you.

Tack

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In my area your gun retails for about $550.00 and comes with 3 mags.

Your 2 extra mags retailing at $25 each pushes your "retail" value to $600 plus the ammo "I assume plinkers" push the Package up to about $640 in value BUT again, that's new retail so condition is everything.

Colt New Agents retail for $960 up to $1025 depending on caliber. I assume your looking at a 9 mm and have decided your XD is too fat to CCW effectively.

The proposed trade puts you at swapping a total package value of $790 for a New Agent that would cost you $960 plus tax, BGC, Ext...

I'd say it's a very fair deal for you.

Tack

I live in IL so no carry here :mad: but the colt is in .45 which makes me hesitant because then I would have to buy something else in 9mm :D

Thanks for your input tack.

·
Banned
6,150 Posts
I live in IL so no carry here :mad: but the colt is in .45 which makes me hesitant because then I would have to buy something else in 9mm :D

Thanks for your input tack.
I've owned Colts and XD's and there both great guns. If CCW is not the issue then I must ask WHY you would swap a great defensive and target 9 mm for a subcompact?

If your looking to start a Colt collection then financially, it's a good swap, but your without CCW being a factor your current XD offers a lot more utility and is cheaper to shoot.

The Colt will however, hold it's value better over time...Ahh, decisions, decisions.

Good Luck

Tack

Tack

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
$900 to $1000 for a new Colt New Agent, but used maybe $750 to $800 & with no sights I would think of it more for a carry pistol rather than a range/target pistol. Still a fair deal, but maybe not the killer deal it may seem. Comes down to if you are happy with the trade & no seller's remorse. Then it's a good trade.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
This is *NOT* a knock on the XD...it's a great firearm.

But nothing shoots like a Colt.

Do the trade!

p.s., I too, am from Illinois. I feel your pain =(

edit to add: But make sure you examine it in person =) If it's in bad shape, i'd keep the XD

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
I'd do the trade in a heartbeat, but I'm a 1911 guy. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts