Should I commit to this trade??

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by getem2011, Sep 14, 2012.

1. getem2011

getem2011 New Member

XDM 9mm in olive drab
    5 mags
    all the extra stuff that comes with the xdm plus 150 in cash for......

A Colt New Agent with four mags and a IWB leather holster.

I have yet to see the colt but was told it is in excellent condition. The deal would be FTF if it goes down.

Just want your opinions.

2. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

In my area your gun retails for about $550.00 and comes with 3 mags.

Your 2 extra mags retailing at $25 each pushes your "retail" value to $600 plus the ammo "I assume plinkers" push the Package up to about $640 in value BUT again, that's new retail so condition is everything.

Colt New Agents retail for $960 up to $1025 depending on caliber. I assume your looking at a 9 mm and have decided your XD is too fat to CCW effectively.

The proposed trade puts you at swapping a total package value of $790 for a New Agent that would cost you $960 plus tax, BGC, Ext...

I'd say it's a very fair deal for you.

Tack

3. getem2011

getem2011 New Member

I live in IL so no carry here :mad: but the colt is in .45 which makes me hesitant because then I would have to buy something else in 9mm :D

Thanks for your input tack.

4. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I've owned Colts and XD's and there both great guns. If CCW is not the issue then I must ask WHY you would swap a great defensive and target 9 mm for a subcompact?

If your looking to start a Colt collection then financially, it's a good swap, but your without CCW being a factor your current XD offers a lot more utility and is cheaper to shoot.

The Colt will however, hold it's value better over time...Ahh, decisions, decisions.

Good Luck

Tack

Tack

5. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

I get hesitant when things sound too good to be true.

6. gollygee

gollygee New Member

$900 to $1000 for a new Colt New Agent, but used maybe $750 to $800 & with no sights I would think of it more for a carry pistol rather than a range/target pistol. Still a fair deal, but maybe not the killer deal it may seem. Comes down to if you are happy with the trade & no seller's remorse. Then it's a good trade.

7. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

This is *NOT* a knock on the XD...it's a great firearm.

But nothing shoots like a Colt.

Do the trade!

p.s., I too, am from Illinois. I feel your pain =(

edit to add: But make sure you examine it in person =) If it's in bad shape, i'd keep the XD

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I'd do the trade in a heartbeat, but I'm a 1911 guy. ;)

9. chazzy

chazzy New Member

Dude, that trade is a no brainer!!!!