Shotgun shell holder

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by coltbic, Jul 3, 2012.

1. coltbic

coltbic New Member

What would be the best thing to hold 12 ga. shells in? Should I just buy a ammo belt or find some type of fanny pack holder?

2. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Have you thought about a side saddle?

3. coltbic

coltbic New Member

Looking for something that will hold more rounds that I can wear on my person.

4. towboater

towboater Active Member

Two belts and a backpack.

5. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Are you really that bad of a shot?:eek:..... Just kidding.:D

I was gonna sugest a little red wagon or a sled. Depends on weather conditions.:D

6. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

I would put them in the shotgun. Fanny pack, eh?

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

Backpack of good quality. You can transfer rounds from the pack to various shell holders as needed.

8. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

9. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

For what kind of use? Hunting, hiking, tactical classes or competition, skeet, end of the world?

It makes a difference on what I would recommend.

10. HunterMarksman338

HunterMarksman338 New Member

I have a shell holder on my shoulder sling. It's the one that Blackhawk produces. It holds 15 shells but can be heavy especially if you have a heavy shotgun.

11. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

There are slings made that holds shells.

If I ever felt the need for more than the 7 rounds I carry in the weapon, I think i'd get a bandoleer.:p

12. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I think the bandoleer would be the way to go if your wanting bookoo shells with you. Ive always been a country boy, i just stick 5 or 6 in my front pocket :)

13. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

The slings that hold shells are a very bad idea -- they are impractical to use with only two hands and act as a pendulum as well as take the gun off balance making it both harder to aim and maneuver.

If you want ammo WITH the gun, a shotgun pouch you can put on your belt with it might be OK. A Poncho Villa bandolier you wear left-to-right might be OK if you don't have too run around. But I prefer to keep basic spare ammo on board, depending. A SpeedFeed +4 stock is great. Even a side-saddle might be the way to go. I have guns with both of the latter but they are more "defensive" in nature...

14. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

The best thing is a pair of pants or shorts with cargo pockets. A pair of army surplus bdu pants can hold a whole box of shells in the cargo pockets. I also have a 5 shell holder on my top folder but the best way to go is the cargo pockets.

15. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

This is what I actually use, not a better jacket on the market...............

Attached Files: