Shotgun Receivers?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by LongRiffle, Jan 25, 2011.

1. LongRiffle

LongRiffle New Member

Hi im new to this forum and not sure if this is the right catagory for this thread but oh well...
    I am left handed and have wanted a left handed semi 12ga. I have looked around and have found that the few you do come across are $$$$$. I was just wondering if it were possible to buy a "left handed" reciver already assembled and piece together the rest(stock barrle ect.). If so where could i purchase one(website preferably).

Thanks

2. JonM

JonM Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

remington and benelli are about it for lefty shotguns. i would skip the remington. my dad bought a new remington semi and hates it. its been back to remington twice. i finally fixed it for him back in december. the piston was rough and needed polishing. other than that it shoots but its pretty cheaply made. save for a benelli they currently make realy sweet lefty montifeltros. its pricey but they are nice as hell.

3. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

Remington has made left handed versions in the past, so I would look for a used one of those. I have been shooting right handed versions for 47 years with no issues. If you like Benellis, have at it, but no way do I think they are worth anywhere near what they want for them, plus I don't like the feel or the recoil. Proof that marketing does work however.
    You can't buy just a receiver, because a lot of other parts are different too. Some people shoot a right handed gun and just swap the safety over.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Get a sxs or and O/U with a tang safety- then left/right don't matter.......

5. LongRiffle

LongRiffle New Member

:DThanks for all your answers.