Shot two thieves on my front porch 3 hrs ago.

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Ghost1958, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

Sitting watching TV with my wife our small dog suddenly growled at the front door.
    Muting the TV I could hear bumping noises on the front porch.
    Looking out of the small window of our front door I could see 2 individuals stealing stuff off that porch.o_O
    I'm always armed at home and slipped thru the house to the large porch at the end of the house, went out and peeped around the corner at front porch where the thugs were busy gathering loot.:mad:
    Taking aim from about 10 yards with the Ruger American 45 I shot both individuals COM. The first hit dropped like a rock, the 2nd , apparently disoriented crawled across the porch to the front door.:eek:
    Walking over I pulled that individual away from the porch after a brief struggle and administered a head shot when he tried to rise.:mad:

The relevant authorities inspected the scene , placed the bodies in my front yard for removal in the morning.:cool:

Wife and I are not hurt and no charges are being filed. The dog was a bit unnerved.:oops:

The individuals were identified as Smiley Walker, and his brother Slickbottom Willie Walker. who I had caught pilfering around here before and ran him off. Both locals.:confused:

Scoundrels should have left the wifes birdfeeders alone.:mad:

I'll toss the slick tails over the cliff in the morning.:p

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    BamaChad, AgedWarrior, JTJ and 5 others like this.
  2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I take it you are making this report possumously?

3. Ghost1958

Bingo lol.

AgedWarrior and Rifling82 like this.
  4. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

5. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Which city was this in?
    You sure its safe to post the particulars on the forum so soon w/o consulting a lawyer?

Caveman Jim and Ghost1958 like this.
  6. formerCav

formerCav Well-Known Member

you forgot to mention the part where you came around the corner and yelled "drop it" and then did a summersault and drew with your weak hand and fired from behind your back and drilled em right between the eyes and the first one flew 35 feet after getting hit by your 460 magnum + P extra P

7. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

The mighty .45 didn’t anchor them both with one shot in the toe?

Sad day. All my internet, gun forum truths are shattered now. Next someone will tell me a commie has a chance at leading his party in an American election and Santa ain’t real.

Caveman Jim and Ghost1958 like this.
  8. Ghost1958

I know tactical backflips are always in fashion, but I stopped doing them when I found out your supposed to land on your feet, not your butt.

9. Ghost1958

Just a testament to bullets do odd things in living beings.

Remington Golden Sabre 185 gr standard pressure.
    The first smaller one had a entrance hole but no exit . Just a lump under the skin on the far side and died instantly.

The 2nd slightly larger one hit in almost the same exact location had a entrance hole and exit that almost tore it in half. Yet it still crawled across the porch and had to have a finisher to the head.

That the first one didnt penetrate through a possum sort of is odd.

towboater likes this.
  10. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Limited experience with Golden Sabers showed me that they can be a bit unpredictable in expansion, jacket separation, and penetration. Moved to bullets with more consistent performance.

But, it does go to my actual line of thinking, that caliber is not a guarantee of results, in standard handgun cartridges.

Ghost1958, kfox75 and towboater like this.
  11. Ghost1958

The only thing I can think of is that the first possum was smaller. And the impact did carry its body about 3 ft in the direction of bullet travel before hitting the ground dead without a twitch.

The larger one where the bullet passed thru making a huge exit dropped straight down but was still able to crawl.

Totally unscientific hunch but maybe the lighter animal that's body was carried about 3 feet was simply light enough to be carried that far absorbing the bullet energy by doing so resulting in the expanded bullet resting just inside that big lump under the skin???

That is of course a wild goose guess.

12. formerCav

formerCav Well-Known Member

lesson: use a 375 H & H where possible!

kfox75 and Ghost1958 like this.
  13. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

Ghost, you sure can spin a yarn with the best of em!!! Good shootin Tex.:D

Ghost1958 likes this.
  14. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

Personally, I like the move where you run up the wall, do a back flip and come down on both sides of them simultaneously. Confuses them almost every time.

Ghost1958 likes this.
  15. Ghost1958

It's a great move.
    I quit trying it though because I always land exactly across from myself and wind up shooting at myself:confused:

F4U and Caveman Jim like this.
  16. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

I do too. Luckily I can't shoot for sour owlcrap, so I have survived thus far!

Ghost1958 likes this.
  17. Rancid

Rancid Well-Known Member Supporter

Well, since neither of them were threatening your life, either this is just a yarn or you are damned lucky you aren't on your way to prison for murder. Unless your area has a Castle Doctrine that says it's OK to kill two people just for pilfering a few fistfulls of birdseed.

18. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

If you are serious in this post, go read post #11 for clarification.

Rifling82 and Ghost1958 like this.
  19. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Uh, you need to read from the start. You are way off on comments.

20. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Guest

Anybody wanta help get the fish hook out of rancid’s mouth?

lmao...
    0AC77211-DC1B-4C2E-BDF7-26244F3B08FB.jpeg

Ghost1958 likes this.