Shot the SBS pistol

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by BillDeShivs, Dec 4, 2016.

1. BillDeShivs

BillDeShivs Active Member

It's a monster! Shooting 2-3/4" shells is actually a little painful. After about 10 rounds, it was time for me to stop.
    Recoil is straight back into the hand due to the grip design. The grip is designed to prevent the gun rolling up during recoil- allowing the second barrel to be fired accurately and quickly.
    Pattern at 15-20 feet is about 8" with #1 buck, and quite a bit wider with #7-1/2 shot.
    It's loud, too!
    Ms. Debbie, being the trooper she is, also had a go with it.
    I have no desire to shoot 3" magnums in it

Attached Files:

2. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

That looks like a good candidate for Aguila's mini shells.

3. armoredman

armoredman Active Member

There is a hand surgeon who is looking at that and drooling over the business it will give him...:) That is a really severe grip angle!

4. BillDeShivs

The grip angle is tried and tested since the 1920s on guns of this type.
    Guns with sawed off factory stocks rise when fired and have a nasty habit of getting the web of your hand stuck under the opening lever.
    I'm not really complaining about the recoil, though it was a little more than expected. I was just giving a range report.

As far as mini-shells, I don't think Aguila makes them in 20 ga. Were I going to do a lot of shooting with this, I would get someone to load me some reduced loads.

5. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

That is the coolest thing I have ever seen, I would open carry it dressed as Mad Max.

6. BillDeShivs

We shot the gun tonight with reduced recoil field loads, and it was rather pleasant! Ms. Debbie enjoyed shooting it, too.

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Yowzah! Bill, that is an EXCELLENT reprise of the Ithaca Auto Burglar!

Just the thing for a trucker to remove a hijacker from the running board of his truck!

8. gunman41mag

gunman41mag Well-Known Member

Bill needs a holster for his SBS

9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Holsters looked like this-

auto burglar and holster.jpg

10. BillDeShivs

I have a holster.
    Black nylon. Holds 10 shotshells.

Attached Files:

11. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Needs a laser built into the forearm.

12. BillDeShivs

No laser on the shotgun, but I may build one into my M1 carbine Enforcer pistol!

13. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I think it needs some rails for red dots, flashlights, bi-pods, range-finders and the like; perhaps a bayonet mount as well.

14. Viking

Viking Well-Known Member

I've owned a few 6" barreled .44 mag SA revolvers that had nasty recoils, but I think I would have to pass on that pistol. The recoil of a 870 can be rough enough if it's not pressed tightly to the shoulder so I don't even want to know how that pistol would feel.

15. BillDeShivs

It's really not too bad! I wouldn't look forward to shooting 3" magnums, though!