Shot Show 2010, Sydney version

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by zhuk, Jun 5, 2010.

1. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Went to our local version yesterday; the phrase "kid in a candy shop" never seemed so apt. Awesome.

Of course it had exclusively bolt action rifles and just a few pistols on show, but only comes round about once every 3 years in each major city in turn...so I couldn't miss out on Sydney's offering. Also great to be among so many people you don't have to feel weird being firearm-enthusiastic around. That in itself is pretty refreshing!

There was even a Steyr .50cal on show (just for show, alas...ha something else that isn't legal) all I can say is, omg what a friggin muzzle brake! Could not believe the diameter of the bolt either, lol

My club had a stand to help drum up new members, which looked pretty good...showed full range of targets and what we do, all in a really small space. Kudos to our tireless captain.

Now if only there had been semis...that would have been the icing :D

Tried out the free 25m air rifle & air pistol range set up to let the public have a go; 5 shots each. Never seen or tried air pistol before - very weirdly shaped gun! and an enhanced 6 o'clock sight picture was a bit strange when you're used to centrefires. Didn't totally disgrace myself though.

*Apologies in advance for the somewhat crap phonecam pics...there are a few, and its all via bloody dialup so bear with me. Dunno how many photos you can post in one thread, but I'll be pushing it lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Not very clear picture of honest-to-god imported Colt 1911s. All $3000+

[Hope this effing works with Picasa, as an afterthought. Would have used photobucket but it doesn't seem to like dialup atm...if this doesn't, I'm in for a whole lot of re-doing :/]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  2. zhuk

zhuk New Member

[​IMG]
    CZs - 75B, Phantom, SP-01 Shadow

[​IMG]
    Desert Eagle .357. Yes there is such a thing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. zhuk

zhuk New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The mighty Steyr

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  4. zhuk

zhuk New Member

[​IMG]
    !!!

[​IMG]
    Navy club stand (if you can see it)

[​IMG]
    Our hardworking captain

[​IMG]
    Its that 'half a Steyr' again lol

5. zhuk

zhuk New Member

[​IMG]
    Grading patches and ribbons

[​IMG]
    My contribution - dvd of IPSC comps in an endless loop that must have driven those on the stand crazy all day

[​IMG]
    Club treasurer's jacket, she has a damn lot of patches

[​IMG]
    Air rifle left, air pistol right. 5 shots each

6. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Good stuff, zhuk. Could you actually buy anything at the show?

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Zhuk - If we can get you to the PNW, I will let you shoot some of the stuff you have seen there. ;) While I don't have a .50 - I do have some stuff you would enjoy.

Great pictures. SHOT is a calling to anyone who enjoys weapons and having taken 3 "newbies" to it including Mrs. JD - NO ONE is EVA the same afterwards. :p

JD

8. zhuk

zhuk New Member

[*Well, thank **** that worked!]]

Er, yeah :p I bought a couple of sling swivels (hey break out the champagne lol)

and then thought I couldn't let the occasion go so uncelebrated...so I bought a rifle bag for 25 bucks, was the only one they had in a 46". Bargain in anyone's language.

[​IMG]

See, that's gonna *force* me to get a rifle now, especially since everyone in the club has been bugging me for a long time over "Got your bloody rifle yet?!" :D

Drooled over some safes on special...which is (obviously) going to have to come first...so its off to do the rounds of the gunshops huh...what a "chore", heh.

Glad you liked what passes for a shot show in our neck of the woods :)

9. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Appreciate the compliment and offer, JD!

And you're so right, - had that goofy 'omg this is awesome' grin on my face pretty much all day. Not the same AT ALL :D

10. colmustard

colmustard New Member

very nice! Also those are some nice pics done from a phone, looks like a fun time.:)