Short, but good day shooting

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by jpattersonnh, Jul 1, 2011.

1. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Went out today w/ a very good friend who's wife past away about 3 weeks ago.

Set some targets (buckets, milk jugs) at 200 yards. After about 1/2 an hour my little guy hit 9 of 10 shots at 200 yards. He has never used a scope before. The Local PD asked us to stop as a building 150 yards behind us complained. Great place for Saturday, Sunday shooting. Just shy of 400 yards. My little guy was using my CZ527 varminter w/ PCM bronze 55gr FMJ. I still love that Sightron SII 6.5-20x42mmAO scope. (Avatar)

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Another good day making smoke and noise.

3. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Awesome, sounds like you and your little guy had a blast.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  4. Car54

Car54 New Member

JP, your day sounds as if it was a winner, even if ever so brief. My condolences to your friend for his loss.

5. jpattersonnh

Too bad it was so short. I started laughing when the PD stated he could out shoot us w/ his awesome AR in .223. I had my M41b w/ me. My buddies Cetme was mine up until a few weeks ago. 200 yards it will wreck a cinder block wall.

6. jpattersonnh

He is doing well! He was invited to a party of teachers. He teaches history. He hooked up w/ a younger female teacher and is still smiling. His wife was diagnosed well over a year ago. She incouraged him to continue living. Linda was the love of his life. One of my best friends.

7. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Sounds like the kind of day that makes it all worthwhile for everybody.

I was out with a bunch of friends last month. We lit up some tannerite

and destroyed some watermelons.

The youngsters all got to shoot some different stuff.

Hot barrels, cold soda. Fun for all.