Short Barrel

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by benjandpurge, Feb 21, 2010.

1. benjandpurge

benjandpurge New Member

Hey Guys, where can you buy a shorter than 16" barrel for an AR, I 'm well aware of the SBR tax stamp, I just wanted to know if and where you can buy it. I know as long as I don't attach it to a receiver with a butt stock, I'm not breaking any laws, It just seems like these barrels aren't as advertised as 16" plus barrels.

2. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

Why buy a barrel/upper that you can't legally put on a rifle?

3. benjandpurge

benjandpurge New Member

So I can assemble a Short Barreled Rifle. Regulated by NFA, not illegal. I'm also not a felon.

4. matt g

Everyone that makes AR barrels makes them in different lengths. Most make them in 14.5" and 10" or 12".

5. benjandpurge

benjandpurge New Member

Yeah, I just had trouble finding some in those lengths, that's all. Canebreak was kind enough to provide me with a few links.

6. matt g

Depending on what you're willing to spend, you can get a custom Kreiger or Douglas barrel made, to your specs.

7. benjandpurge

benjandpurge New Member

Sounds pricey, 10.5 seems to be a common one, should be pretty good at knocking down metal plates as long as they aren't 300 yards out!

8. matt g

9. benjandpurge

benjandpurge New Member

i Hav eseen their stuff too, yeah, for the money, they seem to be the one to go to. And they are really highly regarded on these forums.