Shooting with my little brother.

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by naf84, Jun 21, 2012.

1. naf84

naf84 New Member

Just got back from the range shooing with my 13 year old little brother. We put 200 rounds through my P95. For his second time ever shooing, he does surprisingly well.

His: 10 rounds @ 10 yards...

And mine, last 5 of the day at 10 yards

Always a great time!

Attached Files:

2. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

couple tips and a bunch more rounds and he should have it down. I don't know how you guys learned...looks like he has his stance heel to toe. I learned competitively...toe to toe and heel to heel shoulder width apart.

3. naf84

naf84 New Member

Ya he's still kinda stiff. I always have to remind him to relax

4. jwpman

jwpman New Member

Nice! My little bro 14yrs old, and I were target practicing at the range at the house he did really well also. My older bro and our neighbor were checking the target and even after the safety meeting prior, he accidentally fired his 10/22 into the air. Thank god he remembered to point it up. Believe me he got an A chewing that you wouldn't believe. That's the gamers for ya no sense of reality.
    :mad:

5. naf84

naf84 New Member

Ya I remind him of the safety aspects everytime we go. He's been good so far!

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

It looks to me like he's leaning against the counter to steady himself.

7. naf84

naf84 New Member

He's not it's just a bad picture angle

8. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

He could benefit from relaxing a bit and take a more natural and comfortable stance. Great job in getting him to shoot safely at his age, don't stop with the safety.

9. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

What goes up usually comes down and people have been killed by stray bullets fired into the air. Finger off the trigger until down range and ready to shoot. Get a finger splint and if he does it again make him wear it all day or all week if necessary.

10. jwpman

jwpman New Member

Thats what we have told him. I like your idea! He lives in the city so next time he's out here I'll do that!