shooting with a fellow FTF member

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by winds-of-change, Dec 8, 2012.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Balota has some vacation time and had no where to go. He offered to come help me get some work done around my house. There are some things around here I just can't do so it was nice to have someone offer to come visit and help me along. After much trepidation, I sent him some links to nearby hotels and he's coming to visit Monday. We are going to work, go shooting, browse a couple gun shops (including that offensive one in Gurnee). I'm looking forward to cooking a few meals and seeing a movie or two.

Post here if you get together with any FTF members. I think a few of you live near enough to each other that you go shooting on occasion. Who all here hangs around with other FTF members?

2. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Me and ZG plan on visiting a few FTF family members.

3. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Ooooo!!! Yaaaa.......

Hey, no hanky panky, I'm the jealous type.....lol......Hope you all tear up the town......;)

4. winds-of-change

Hey......I live within driving distance. :(

There will be no hanky panky. He is legally separated but still married.

Don't be jealous, Wills. There's no way in the world anyone here can post more interesting posts than you. Not even Shihan. [​IMG]

5. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

Hey, that sounds great! Good to see members getting together. Have a good time and as always be safe guys!

6. winds-of-change

I forgot to tell him he has to sign a contract that it is against my rules to post any pictures of me on the internet. He can post pictures of my firearms, my targets, my pets, etc. but NOT ME. Any breach of contract will be punished to the fullest extent of my laws.

7. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

I thought you were the dried up lady on the other page :)

8. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Is that an invitation???:)

9. winds-of-change

Sure. We could even make it a day trip. We live well within driving distance. But there will be no hanky panky. :eek:

10. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

No hanky panky. Well forget it then. :)

11. winds-of-change

Yeah, your right. There will be hanky panky with you guys. I'll run the video camera. :eek:

12. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

Ok. I'm in. :)

13. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

Is this getting posted?

14. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

Haha. I'm a teacher. I'd get fired for sure.

15. winds-of-change

Is what getting posted? I just posted Balota is coming for a visit but there will be NO pictures of me posted.

16. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

Haha, I was talking about your directing debut. You guys are nuts.

17. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member Sponsor

go do something more important. go look for a youth 20ga 1100 shotgun for the meet in march!

18. trip286

trip286 New Member

I've hung out with Downsouth, Jstrong, and the fam. There was no hanky panky.

Cinder will be landing at the Monroe regional airport 3 weeks to the day from now, assuming everything remains unchanged and there are no unforeseeable circumstances that get in the way. (keep your fingers crossed). I'll make no mention of hanky panky. In fact, y'all probably won't hear from me at all during that visit.

I'll be doing my dangedest to get together with Downsouth, Jstrong, and the fam again while she's here, have a little meet and greet, as they've all shown interest in putting faces to names. That get together will NOT be for the purpose of hanky panky.

Hank. The Pank.

19. winds-of-change

Oh, that? Of course that will be posted. Sheesh. You think I'm crazy?

I just might do that. But........I really have my heart set on a Henry Lever Youth. I would get more use out of that than a shotgun. My funds are very, very limited.

I just Googled 20 gauge 110 youth model. The one I looked at was MSRP over $500.00. Does that sound right? To be honest, I'm not particularly fond of shotguns. They hurt. :(

But I am still very interested in the Shoot and Hoot.

20. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

A 20 ga with target loads will not hurt you, especially an auto-loader. The loading action cushions the recoil.