shooting vid..help me improve

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by REDMIST89, Aug 30, 2011.

1. REDMIST89

REDMIST89 New Member

here is a video of me shooting my gun a few days after i bought it,i would like you guys to maybe take a quick look and let me know from seeing any changes i can make to my shooting style,this was my 1st time shooting the gun.click the image to play.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

3. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Really impossible to tell anything from the video. How did the target look, you look like you are jerking the trigger. You also seem to be flinching in anticipation of the shot. Shooting downhill is tough, the gun should be level and in a direct line from your dominant eye. Posture seems a little stiff, square your shoulders to the target, keep the elbows down and don't squeeze the gun so much (muscles in your left arm look strained) Use the left hand to help control the recoil, the gun is bouncing around in your hand. Get the right hand and thumb higher up, thumbs should be parallel and neutral, i.e. don't push the gun to the right with the thumbs.

Oh Yeah...eye and ear protection man!

Other than that you look good to go...:p

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgt2uw9RYJM"]Patriot Survival Series - Pistol Techniques - YouTube[/ame]

4. REDMIST89

REDMIST89 New Member

5. Wambli

Wambli Member

Good for you for looking to improve. Start by working on your stance. Watch your video and then watch George:

Defensive Fighting Stance - Guns & Ammo

6. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i aggree its hard to tell. but i would say along the sam as the others. jerkign trigger, need to ssquare up your body to the target and def. eye and hear PPE