Shooting Through Walls

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by BodyGuard, Jan 16, 2008.

1. BodyGuard

BodyGuard New Member

Do they teach you how to shoot through walls in training?

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Aim at wall, squeeze trigger.

3. bspellious

bspellious New Member

Get a saw the you dont need to aim

4. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

Mostly the idea is to NOT shoot through a wall because you have no way of knowing just what's there! Might be a bad guy, might be your kid or spouse!!:eek:

KNOW YOUR TARGET AT ALL TIMES!!!!!!!

5. gnoll

gnoll New Member

OK and the point of shooting through walls is??
    i mean if u were in the army you would just launch an M 203 and take down that wall than u all got a clear and confused target easy pickings boys

6. Flint Rock

Flint Rock New Member

Wall shooting

Shooting through walls is a "Pray and Spray" shooting style. I suppose it may be required sometimes (military or tactical operation), but it would be a last resort because the potential danger to innocents is too great (again, unless it was some type of military operation).
    Of course if you start shooting through the wall, well the other guy just might do the same. Do you have cover? Do you have the ammo to burn, I mean it takes a lot of ammo to just bang away at a wall and hope you hit the right guy.

7. Boris

Boris New Member

............NO!

8. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

Anyone with any sense of responsibility wouldn't shoot through a wall, so why would one train to do this? Is this a joke? Come on...

9. MarkoPo

MarkoPo New Member

In a situation where someone with malicious intent is in your house and you and your family are barricaded in your bedroom, if you hear someone by your door, by all means don't wait for them to come to you. I would blow at least 10 rounds though the door if I knew someone was coming for me or my family. That would be about the only situation I could think of. Besides that know you enemy and his location, and don't wait for him to shoot first.

10. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

That's bad form, dude. Always identify a target with your eyes before pulling the trigger.

11. MarkoPo

MarkoPo New Member

I see your point, but I was just saying if I absloutely knew what was on the other side of the door meant me or my family harm, I may "Jump the gun".

12. sean

sean New Member

Not nice to kill someone because you thought they might be a bad guy.

13. Boris

Boris New Member

You never 'jump the gun' with firearms in any defensive situation, the risk is too great and once a mistake is made you can't put it right! Identify your target. If the subject is on the other side of a closed door you are not in imediate danger.

14. MarkoPo

MarkoPo New Member

That is a very good point, I agree with ya there.

15. h&k bigdaddydieseldan

h&k bigdaddydieseldan New Member

You need to identify your target at all times if you don't how do you know what you are shooting at or who your shooting at :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: