Shooting ranges

Discussion in 'Massachusetts Gun Forum' started by JC_p2tp21, Apr 29, 2014.

1. JC_p2tp21

JC_p2tp21 New Member

How's everyone doing . I'm looking to join a gun club close to where I live (lowell) I don't want to travel to far either the closer the better . What do you guys recommend ?

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

2. Mason609

Mason609 Active Member

Not really that many in your area.

Your best options would be to either go to the closest gun store and ask there, or do a quick Google search.

I'm in Quincy, and my club is in Holbrook.

3. JC_p2tp21

JC_p2tp21 New Member

Thanks man . And yeah I am going to my local gs tomorrow I will ask them.

4. 25-5

25-5 New Member

If you have a smart phone, try the free app "Find Ranges". Helps when you are out of town too.

5. grizquad

grizquad New Member

Depending what you are looking for, I belong to Andover Sportsmen's Club in N. Andover. Great bunch of people. I mainly shoot trap, but they have an outdoor rifle/pistol range, archery, indoor range (24/7), and trap an skeet with 5 stand. Check out the web and if you have any questions pm me. Steve
    http://andoversportsmensclub.org/

6. JC_p2tp21

JC_p2tp21 New Member

Thanks 25 just downloaded the app .

7. JC_p2tp21

JC_p2tp21 New Member

Grizsquad I just pm you about that .

8. JC_p2tp21

JC_p2tp21 New Member

Quad*

9. NewGunGuy77

NewGunGuy77 New Member

So JC have you decided on a club yet? I'm in the Peabody area and usually go to Cape Ann for the sunday public shoot or Bob's in Salisbury. Right now I'm not a member of any clubs, simply can't afford it right now, but when we got the tour from Norm at Cape Ann it seemed like a very nice club. Also having children and a wife that is a school teacher it is hard for me to have time to go and shoot, so when we could afford it I chose to just use the money to store up ammo and purchase other firearms. I'm still hoping we move soon to have some property then I'll never have to pay to exercise my rights again.

Charles.

10. JC_p2tp21

JC_p2tp21 New Member

Well I am looking into the Tyngsboro sportsman club and Tewksbury rod and gun club. I did get in contact with TSC I was suppose to get a call back but this was last month. I did read something about Cape Ann I will look into it. What is the typical price for a membership at a club ?

11. NewGunGuy77

NewGunGuy77 New Member

Well at Cape Ann it is about $350 up front and then about $150 or so with doing the clean up. That to me is to much for a right in my opinion so I hardly get to shoot and would rather use that money to store up ammo and other supplies. So I'll be getting ready to go to a Sunday shoot here soon since the weather has gotten nicer, it's much better to shoot outside in the open air!

Charles.

12. Joe110947

Joe110947 New Member

Know this is late, but there is the Lowell Sportsman Club. Also the Westford Sportsman Club who is having an open house this weekend. I belong to Westford and highly recommend.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk