Shooting of australian athlete in the US this week

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by 4sig, Aug 22, 2013.

1. 4sig

4sig New Member

Three black youths go out and shoot a white Australian because they were bored. Why isn't the nation up in arms over this? Where is the call for severe penalties for this hate crime? Why is no one investigating where the gun came from??

2. Devin556

Devin556 New Member

Because it wasnt the other way around.

3. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

What happened in Oklahoma is an unspeakably horrendous act of pure evil.

To all of your questions, there is a great uproar of disdain for this senseless act. As for the penalties of this hate crime, at least let there be a trial and a conviction. To your last question, I'm sure the local authorities are doing everything they can to find out where the guns came from.

4. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

Hey there is already a thread started about this we need to move it .

5. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Not quite right. One of the scumbags is lily white.

Latest word is they were Crips wannabees trying to establish a new chapter of the Lawton Crips in Duncan. Yep, the Crips have some white members, especially outside the big cities.

Yep, there is a previous thread running.

6. etbob9

etbob9 Member

Our SWAT teams should be concentrating on these gangs. Gangs have become a blight on our culture
    and our Country. Their guns are the ones society should be going after. Not the ones possessed by law
    abiding citizens! Total elimination of a few gangs around the country will have a devastating affect on
    members of other gangs, if the punishment is severe enough. IMHO

In the mean time, we must remain aware of our surroundings. I know jogging and hiking are good for
    your health, unless you are totally oblivious to what is going on around you. It's not wise to be jogging
    on the side of the road, or anywhere else, in "CONDITION WHITE", with ear buds on, listening to music.

There are mean, evil, thugs in all countries of this world (even in Australia) who are just looking for a
    chance to do harm to others only for personal satisfaction or to steal personal possessions from the
    unsuspecting innocent, law abiding, unarmed individuals.

We must remain ever alert and remain armed at all times possible.

7. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Good advice on staying alert. But SWAT teams usually don't focus on gangs, specialized gang units do. Its undercover work, snitches and rats vs meticulous building searches and room entry. Totally different types of work.

And real "gang violence" these days is usually focused on rivals not joggers.

I don't say this to criticize your post, but to help you understand the problem because you seem passionate enough to actually get off your butt and do something about it.

Most of these scumbags don't have organized gangs anymore. They have family groups and groups of friends just like we do. No hierarchy or organizational structure. Just families and friends like us, only they act like animals. And they get arrested, and they go hang out with their friends in jail, and then they get out after watching cable TV and eating honey buns and go right back to doing the same thing again.

These idiots think they own a given area, somewhere they went to school or the street they grew up on which is similar to gangs, but they dont take and give orders. The violent ones who think like this will attack people who they feel shouldn't be there. And the race baiting our media keeps doing makes this worse. Usually the punk who is willing to shoot a person for walking down the street already has committed violent crimes before.

Targeting gangs is not where it's at for reducing crime in most communities. Encourage your community leaders to target areas with high crime instead. And encourage your officials to adopt a strict policy for violent crimes with harsh, severe mandatory penalties and high bonds. The real problem isn't that these guys aren't being arrested. The real problem is that they don't care, so as a society we have to find a way to make them start caring.

You can make them start caring by making your prosecutors, judges, mayors, and elected law enforcement officials care. Hold them accountable for their high crime areas and repeat offenders. Make phone calls and write letters. If they don't do a good job, support someone else in the next campaign who does. Let your voice be heard in the community.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

A change in tactics is definitely required. I suggest a special team that deals with the issue from afar and doesn't carry handcuffs.
    I think these guys may be qualified for the position.

Attached Files:

9. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Yes, that is a good round there. Yea I know, an understatement.:rolleyes:

10. etbob9

etbob9 Member

My main point about using so called SWAT teams is, to make them useful doing
    things other than serving misdemeanor warrants, etc., and breaking down doors
    of houses at the wrong address. These are usually locally self proclaimed poorly
    trained part time posses. :rolleyes:

11. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I think people need to actually take up arms against these gangs in big cities the police departments are usually out manned by the gangs they do what they can but I just don't think it's enough. Wars are not won just by armies there won by the people at home to if the country ain't helpin the boys fightin then more then likely they won't win. I see this as the same with gangs and what not, hell some big cities are basically just battle fields anyway the lines aren't drawn on the map but their there for the community and the police department. People from one neighborhood know which areas to go and not to go when to be out and when not to be out.

I just don't see how killing a random person helps get people into gangs, why not some that actually means anything to the gang like a rival drug dealer or something not some kid from another country that has nothing to do with the gangs. It's sad and makes no sense I think this should never had ended up in the news and they should have just gone missing, now they go to jail and they ended coming out in 13 or 20 years what ever and they think there tough **** and try to do things to hurt other people.

12. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

I don't know of any SWAT teams in this area that are self proclaimed. All SWAT team members here go through 1 of 3 SWAT schools and get excellent training in all 3. They must all continue training after SWAT school throughout the year.

These standards are adopted from national standards across the USA. This means that MOST SWAT teams in other areas operate the same way as the SWAT teams here.

No SWAT team in this area serves misdemeanor warrants.

Nor has any SWAT team this area ever broken down a door of a house at the wrong address. Some of the members of our SWAT teams are reserve/part time, but they are required to receive the same training and participate in the same missions that all other members participate in.

SWAT is not a gang task force. It is a tactical team that responds to specific situations involving individuals who have barricaded themselves inside of a vehicle or structure, who are in the process of inflicting mass casualties, or who are holding hostages. They do not normally serve warrants. (Though some teams "practice" by assisting their departments with high risk no knock warrants.) They do not self initiate anything but are dispatched to a scene by a supervisor or administrative personnel.

Gangs are criminal organizations. They have structure and territory. And they are not very active in most areas here in the USA.

The problem with violent crime in most areas is usually related to habitual offenders who get away with doing the same thing over and over again and are never punished for it. Those individuals are not normally organized among themselves beyond social groups of family & friends. Those habitual offenders do tend to live in specific areas within a city or municipality. These areas become high crime areas. When patrols are increased in high crime areas and actively make arrests, the crime rates in those areas tends to drop. When repeat offenders are given strong sentences and not allowed to "walk" crime rates also drop.

Citizens taking potshots at gang members won't help. Citizens "firing" bad police administrators, prosecutors, mayors and judges will. Citizens complaining and raising hell when repeat offenders or violent criminals "walk" will.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  13. etbob9

etbob9 Member

You must not watch the news much.

14. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

I watch it all the time. And I work in and live in the criminal justice system in all of its "glory." Which is usually completely ignored or distorted by the news media so they can prove a point.

What's your point?

15. etbob9

etbob9 Member

I made my point in post #10 and post #13 of this thread.