Shooting newbie

Discussion in 'Georgia Gun Forum' started by shooterfan1974, Feb 29, 2012.

1. shooterfan1974

shooterfan1974 New Member

Hello from Banks County in NE GA. Bought my first gun in 15 years yesterday, a Ruger 10-22, synthetic stock, factory fiber optic sights for introducing our daughter to shooting. I hope to buy a Glock 19 in a few weeks. Looking forward to finally becoming the shooting enthusiast I've always wanted to be. It's never too late to start I hope.

2. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Congrats on your purchase. The 10/22 is a very dependable and solid rifle. And going with the glock 19 isn't a bad choice either

3. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

Welcome back to the shooting sports Shooterfan and no worries, it's never too late;)

4. knfxda

knfxda New Member

Welcome and congrats!

(And I recommend against "shooting newbies") :D

5. shooterfan1974

shooterfan1974 New Member

Just to update everyone, purchased my Glock 19 Gen 3 2 Saturdays ago. Been to the range 1x and wish I could go every day. Bought an extra mag and handmade leather holster today at an Eastman's Gun Show. Hoping to head to the range tomorrow afternoon with the 10-22, Glock 19, daughter, and brother in law.

Attached Files:

6. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

Have fun with that .. Missed the opportunity to go to the local range this past weekend cause I was finishing a couple rifles for a client.. Really want to get out more before it starts getting too hot:)

7. Billy9mm

Billy9mm Member Supporter

Getting into the shooting sport can be very costly, every time I turn around I find another gun I want, I tell my wife it is all in keeping us safe.:D Enjoy and be safe. Heading up to Dillard in a couple of weeks just to go eat at the Dillard House.:)

8. dvcguns

dvcguns New Member

Holster looks nicely done. Start shooting IDPA / IPSC and you will be hooked for life. :)