Shooting near Eddyville, KY

Discussion in 'Kentucky Gun Forum' started by Squawk, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Squawk

Squawk New Member

I have my annual family vacation to Kentucky Lake coming this summer and I would really like to go shooting this time. I googled shooting ranges in the Eddyville area but not much popped up. I was wondering if there was somewhere close by in Benton or Murray where I can at least shoot a pistol, maybe an AR.

2. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Is knobb creek around that area?

3. Squawk

Squawk New Member

No. Knob Creek is close to where I live in Louisville, KY. Kentucky lake is about 3 hours west.

4. pipecommandor

pipecommandor New Member

Closest range I know is in Paducah, about 45 minutes from Eddyville. The public range is open on Sat & Sun from 12 - 5

5. curlydee

curlydee New Member

6. Squawk

Squawk New Member

7. curlydee

curlydee New Member

Your welcomed, I have not used it myself.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  8. kamakazi

kamakazi New Member

The LBL range is nice. I work at Firstchoice firearms here in murray. My boss' are with the Lakeland friends of NRA, and have helped raise money to improve the range there. It's closed Wednesday morning for clean up, not sure on the hours though. When will you be in town? You should stop by the shop and take a look around!

9. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Won't be in town until this summer. My whole family comes down and rents out the Bel-Air Motel. About 100 of us. I'm the only one who would be shooting. Might get my dad to sneak away but that would be it.

What's the name of the shop?

10. kamakazi

kamakazi New Member

Shop name is FirstChoice Firearms. We have a page on Facebook, and a website as well. The website is so-so right now, though lol.