Shooting Log Question

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by monteros, Aug 11, 2013.

1. monteros

monteros New Member

I am looking for input on setting up a range log for shooting and tracking for my weapons. Starting with the AR15 I just completed and shot for the first time. Totally new to this, so any advice or input is welcome - Right now, I would like to use google docs, I have created a spread sheet that I can update while at the range on my smart phone or at home post shoot. I know I will need to keep notes while there, different loads, distances conditions etc.

I am looking for what to track that would be meaningful to myself or someone that might review it assist with issues/troubleshooting etc.

At this time, just starting it, I have the following fields available to track:
    Date:
    Duration:
    Ammo:
    Number of Rounds shot:
    Notes:
    Weather:
    Temp:

As usual, thank you for any input. Some things seem obvious to track, but im sure there are things that I don't have that are must haves possibly and hoping for your wisdom to help out :)

Also going to include pictures of my targets with descriptions and information of the shots ... don't want this to take over my fun at the range, but looking to find what works best for most people and then adapt it to me.

Thanks.

2. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

3. monteros

monteros New Member

Thank you that will help out :)