Shooting in the rain

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by bluez, Dec 22, 2014.

1. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Hope you guys will enjoy, this is "only" on the square range but I think the inclement weather helps with the realism.

Not sure how obvious it is but one had to keep blinking to use the lids as wipers of sorts.

Yours truly is the shooter in 1st pic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  2. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Since I live in Washington (on the wet side), shooting in the rain is pretty common.

Looks like fun. And as they say, "You ain't trainin' if it ain't rainin' ".

3. Donn

Donn Active Member

Fun? Sorry, I had my fill of that business back in '69-'70 with my government job.

4. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

looks like a bunch of gun nuts to me.....go for it!

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

they dont look nutty to me.

i was yote hunting in the rain last week. did you try using your irons in the rain?? heh. my experience with peep sights is no matter how big the peep it fills with water faster than you can clear it.

last week was the first go with the acog in the rain and that little overhang on the objective end does really well keeping the front end clear. i found that the reticle was more than bright enough to outshine any water accumulation on the eyepiece. more than happy with it.

im also using a midwest industries lightweight keymod handguard. it removes with loosening two screws and made cleaning the water on the barrel at the end of the day super easy.

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

We missed the rain but it was still soft and muddy . I got to get out and shoot some steel this past weekend . 5 rds per mag and moving sideways .

http://youtu.be/ppQdBOYseis