Shooting in a safety class . . .

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by jrock3rd, Apr 25, 2012.

1. jrock3rd

jrock3rd New Member

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  2. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

No link, and stop on by the intro section and tell us about yourself when you get a chance.

3. jrock3rd

jrock3rd New Member

I edited the message and now the link is visible.

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

The link worked for me. This instructor should be stripped of his license and prosecuted for negligence. The man and his wife shouldn't have been touching the gun with the instructor out of the room. I wonder if the instructor even gave the order to step away from the line.

5. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Wow another case where common sense is not a common virtue.

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Apparently this occured NOT at a firing session, but during classroom instruction.

7. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Yep and all of the instructors I know don't allow loaded firearms in a "class room" setting.

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Well in that case standard procedure would dictate no loaded firearms. This whole thing is pure negligence on the instructors part.

9. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

" Stupid Accident " is a major understatement.............

10. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

Hell, I my ccw class we were told just to leave guns locked in our cars, until range qualification. Glad we did now..lol

11. jrock3rd

jrock3rd New Member

Most of the gun classes I have looked into require you to bring your gun in a locked case. The article said "The incident occurred Saturday during a firearms safety class at a residence." I wonder if it was the instructors residence?

12. levelcross

levelcross New Member

My CCW class was the same way, he even checked visually to make sure everyone was unarmed. Then at the beginning of the class he cleared 4 different guns and had several of us check to make sure they were cleared then he locked the mags in a safe.

At the qualification range we were instructed to keep all of our guns unloaded and in either a case or bag until we were to shoot.

13. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

This is crazy. Its like sinning while in church. No excuse for it. In my CHL class we had to leave our guns in our cars till it was time to shoot.