Firearms Talk banner

Shooting gloves?

6K views 40 replies 30 participants last post by  Missouribound 
#1 ·
Who uses them and which do you use if you do? Tried them and don't like them?

I have a .44mag that might benefit from some gloves. Especially with the full loads.

#2 ·
Get different grips. Get magna ported. Get used to it with practice. :p:p
I use gloves if it's cold out. Cheap cotton ones.

#3 ·
full finger gloves,how about this two?

in my impression,12.99USD you can get pair of it,like this:

16.99USD freeshipping you can get like this:

#4 ·
wagpual-ar15-gunsling - we had to wear gloves down range all the time and I chose to wear the ones like you are showing pics of, I absolutely loved the hard knuckles on them. Now of course, with my unit we got whatever we wanted all we did was request it and we got it, so one of the guys suggested the Wiley-X brand ones just like the cheaper ones you are showing. We really loved them but wearing them every day we went thru a pair every month or so, your trigger finger would always start coming apart with heavy use and slowly all the other fingers did too. But, that was those Wiley-X $40 a pair ones and as with anything in combat, they went thru hell. I would be interested to try these cheaper non-name brand ones you have posted and see how they do. If they are anything like the Wiley-X's they are awesome shooting gloves and comfortable all year round. Where are you finding these if you don't mind me asking, I would love to try a few pairs at those prices. I do have a Wiley-X pair still here for regular range use cuz using them down range and on the tac team I am a part of we have to wear gloves, so I am very used to shooting with them. They have lasted a little longer here stateside as I am not severely abusing them every day, but if these cheaper ones are as good and last as long I would like to have them for the price savings. Just my opinion on these types of gloves....... We had to use flight gloves at first and we hated those damn things cuz they were meant to be flame retardent and didn't breathe.....

#6 · (Edited)
It is not a cat walk, designer fashions. Lead and other heavy metals, toxins, are what you are trying to keep off your skin. A good grade of disposable medical gloves that cost about 8 bucks per hundred. Throw them away after your done using them. Peel off slowly, throw away inside out.

#8 ·
wagpual-ar15-gunsling - we had to wear gloves down range all the time and I chose to wear the ones like you are showing pics of, I absolutely loved the hard knuckles on them. Now of course, with my unit we got whatever we wanted all we did was request it and we got it, so one of the guys suggested the Wiley-X brand ones just like the cheaper ones you are showing. We really loved them but wearing them every day we went thru a pair every month or so, your trigger finger would always start coming apart with heavy use and slowly all the other fingers did too. But, that was those Wiley-X $40 a pair ones and as with anything in combat, they went thru hell. I would be interested to try these cheaper non-name brand ones you have posted and see how they do. If they are anything like the Wiley-X's they are awesome shooting gloves and comfortable all year round. Where are you finding these if you don't mind me asking, I would love to try a few pairs at those prices. I do have a Wiley-X pair still here for regular range use cuz using them down range and on the tac team I am a part of we have to wear gloves, so I am very used to shooting with them. They have lasted a little longer here stateside as I am not severely abusing them every day, but if these cheaper ones are as good and last as long I would like to have them for the price savings. Just my opinion on these types of gloves....... We had to use flight gloves at first and we hated those damn things cuz they were meant to be flame retardent and didn't breathe.....

thanks for your reply,yeah,I am agree with you,these gloves are cheap,but ,you know,the price due to two reason:1,who suppy it,at the normal,no matter on ebay or amazon,often supplied by businessmen.Just the mold,businessmen to customer.wagpual now are trying manafactuer to customer mold.just left out the businessmen benefit,so the price is low.Also,
in china,the laber fees are not very high.So,the low price not meaning the low quality item.wagpual in china has more than 10 years.the gloves and other outdoor goods has been tried by millions of customer all over the world.

2,The local supply,infact,wagpual suppply dropship online,so,many local businessmen import from wagpual and give a high price in local.

For the two gloves,I promised that would be great quality,wagpual also supply different quality of same gloves,not just low quality price item.

Now,You can bid in the two links below:

http://www.wagpual.com/Outdoor Sport/Tactical Glove/Tactical Gloves 12.99USD freeshipping

http://www.wagpual.com/Outdoor Sport/Tactical Glove/ full finger cycle gloves 16.99USD freeshipping

guarantee the quality,it can be return within 10 days after you received the gloves!

#10 ·
It is not a cat walk, designer fashions. Lead and other heavy metals, toxins, are what you are trying to keep off your skin. A good grade of disposable medical gloves that cost about 8 bucks per hundred. Throw them away after your done using them. Peel off slowly, throw away inside out.
can't Agree with more :):):)

#11 · (Edited)
Only problem with medical gloves is the fact that they don't breath. In High heat or humidity they can be a pain from sweat.

I like the basic Mechanix gloves also. Not real expensive. Thin enough to still have some feeling. Not horrible in price to replace after awhile.

#12 ·
Eh, I don't think anyone here is wanting them because they "look good" or whatever you are implying, we are talking about a comfortable nice shooting glove is all, who cares what it looks like. I agree with Doc about the medical gloves, screw that, even if it is cool out you sweat like crazy because they don't breathe, spend a few hours with those on at the range and see what your hands look like when you take them off. Now when you are at home, in a temp controlled environment doing a little gunsmith work or cleaning guns, then they are good to use, keeps oils and all the toxins/fouling from the gun parts from getting onto your skin and absorbing them.

#15 ·
I use tactical gloves whenever I fire in the train-asyou-fight philosphy.

I have a few pairs of the mechanix tactical (whatever they are called) and a pair of wileyX gloves.

Since even small cuts can be deadly and if I ever use my rifles in anger i cannot predict which environment i will be in that is a habit i started

#17 ·
I just got a pair of Mechanix M-Pact tactical gloves in coyote brown, $35 with free shipping from Amazon. They feel good and have knuckle protection.

I handled my Colt 6920 and my M9A1 and it felt good. I've never shot with gloves before btw. I'll be taking a range day on Friday so I can fully evaluate them. I'm looking forward to actually shooting with them bc I've heard nothing but good things about this particular model.

#18 ·
I had a set of some mossy oak camo things that my wife picked up at a walmart. They had a little dealy that allowed you to pull back the trigger finger They where kind of cool when the weather was cold but I wanted to shoot. Otherwise I just never seen a reason to have them. Maybe if I was an active soldier...Or making a movie...

#21 ·
I brought home some impact gloves from the mine I was working at a few years ago. They have gel in the palms and fingers are designed to absorb the vibration of air powered jack legg drills similar to a jack hammer.
Any way when I shoot over about 20 rounds through my model 29 the wood grips make my right hand hand sting a little.The gloves absorb it all and no sting.I could just put some ugly rubber grips on it but don't need to with the impact gloves.
I forgot the brand name on them but they look and fit like mechanics gloves.Just have gel packs.

#25 ·
For heavy recoil handguns, gloves can help at the range if they are padded. I've shot my Smith Titanium Airlite Ti with a pair of Hatch Shorty padded gloves. Some of the gloves are made of Kangaroo leather. I also have two pair of GripSwell Driving and Shooting Gloves. They're "classier" for gentleman type shooters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.