Shooting Glasses

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by colmustard, Nov 25, 2011.

1. colmustard

colmustard New Member

So I am wanting a nice pair of shooting glasses. And there seems to be a lot of choices out there. I am a bit conffused as to what color lens would benefit me the most. I always shoot outside at an outdoor range. I would love for them to be polarized or have great UV protection, so I can wear them anytime.

What would you all suggest?

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

I like amber lenses. You can find them polarized. For me and my eyes amber gives good definition, reduces eyestrain, and somehow makes colors really pop. They look cheesy wearing them to the mall though, so skip that fashion mistake.

Mine are from walmart, remington I think. I also normally wear prescription glasses, and my amber glasses have no prescription, it doesn't make a difference though.

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

Wow, I'm the only one who had anything to say about it. For some reason I thought this thread would have some debate.

And your welcome.

4. Freak

Freak New Member

I have the same exact ones and they work great! On a cloudy day the amber really brightens it up

5. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

I have clear lenses for my oakleys that I use.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

6. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i have the same clear lensed oakleys. and also i have remington that have 4 different lenses, clear, amber, red, and gray i think. they each color has a diferent use. gray work well for seeing into water. amber are normal sunglases. red are shootng glasses

7. mtbfarms

mtbfarms New Member

I shoot USPSA and IDPA. I broke down and bought a pair of Rudy Rydons with the light changing red lenses. They are REALLY expensive but ill never use anything else now

8. jdgeroy

jdgeroy New Member

I have Oakleys that come as a set in a case. The lenses are interchangable with yellow, amber (pink) and clear. I prefer the clear lenses.

9. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Amber glasses? Good idea. I have a pair but never really
    used them except when driving in tropical storms, which by
    their very use highlights the obscure and makes for driving
    safe. But will now try them out on the firing range.

10. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

What model would these be? I am a sunglass junkie... and i always manage to use my shooting glasses at work and destroy them. I need a good set that i wont take to work.

11. shooter88

shooter88 New Member

I use my everyday sunglasses... oakley gascans with HD polarized lenses u can pick up a pair at hibbit sports for about $185

12. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

I used the general 5 dollar safetyglasses from walleyworld, i've had them take all sorts of sh!t and not bust, but next time out I'm going to try my riding glasses with clear lenses.

13. PrinC

PrinC New Member

I use the amber ones which allows me to see the target brighter in gloomy weather. I may have to check the stores to sample the Oakleys this week.

14. mtbfarms

mtbfarms New Member

I'm not trying to sell for rudy and if any other brand has the light changing or "auto darken" red lenses. I would give them a try.