Shooting Elsie Arrrr with +P's

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by RugerShootinGal, Feb 6, 2010.

1. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

Hi guys I am going tomorrow to shoot my Elsie Arrrr with +P's I am very nervous and any advice will be well listened too!! I will put up a range report also so help me out with any advice!!!:D

2. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

3. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

If you're worried about flinching, you can start by loading just one or two +P rounds and the rest of the cylinder with regular .38s, so that the +Ps "surprise" you.

4. RugerShootinGal

Thank u I may try that.:)

5. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

You are familiar with the push/pull method of holding it right? You grasp firmly and push out with your "main" or strong hand, and pull back with your weak or secondary hand. Don't try to shoot a whole box through it at 1 time-just start with a couple cylinders full of the +P to start with at most. You don't want to develop a flinch. Have Shihan load it for you and stagger the +P and non +P rounds so that you don't know which you're about to shoot. Good shooting and DON'T be scared of it. The soft rubber grips adsorb a lot of recoil.

6. RugerShootinGal

Thank u so much my friend I will take ur advice any time!!!:D;)

7. duckenit

duckenit New Member

Anytime I hear " I'm going to go shoot", it brings a smile to my face. Have fun!!! It does have a unique trigger pull. Once you learn it, you will love it.

8. RugerShootinGal

Thank u I did love it !!!!

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

[​IMG]

She smiles, that Elsie does!

10. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

Well? How did you do at the range Rugergal? How do you like shooting the +Ps?

11. RugerShootinGal

I sure did I could only shoot 10 then it started hurting but I killed the bad guy thoug Iam gonna try like u said and use them every once in a while to keep used to them but it was COOL!!!!!:D