Shooting concrete cinder blocks!

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Grizzdude, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Grizzdude

Grizzdude New Member

Hey guys, I made a short video showing the power the 338 Lapua has against a cinder block at a distance of 500 yards. I'd say the 338 Lapua is quite a potent round. Hope you guy's enjoy the video!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQhJyOj-NfE"]338 Lapua vs cinder block 500 yards[/ame]

2. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Nice, wait till you get a hold of a 'discarded' chimney. After 4 shots in the same area an AK-47 from about 40 yards was shooting all the way through and out the other side. Can't wait to see your next video.

3. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

I can do that with a hammer from 5'.

4. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

And it's a whole lot cheaper! :p

5. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

not if it is a government hammer!

6. Crazycastor

Crazycastor New Member

Its cool, but next time put a few milk jugs in front of it and then some cinder blocks. See how many cinder blocks you can get that bad boy to go through. 338 is on my wish list

7. Grizzdude

Grizzdude New Member

Sounds good, I'll try a few put together to see how many it can actually go through.

8. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

How about showing some other calibers for comparison's sake? 308, 30-06, 7mm MAG maybe. And, ONE hollow core concrete block isn't really very strong.........how about stacking up several of the 4" thick solid ones?

9. Crazycastor

Crazycastor New Member

Grizz we want more! lol

10. Grizzdude

Grizzdude New Member

lol thanks guys! I'll be doing a follow up video with the .308 real soon here so we can get a good comparison.