Shooting bench

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by Jim1611, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Jim1611

Jim1611 New Member

Thought I'd post a picture of my shooting bench. I made a wood form and poured the bench top out of concrete. It's got rebar in it to reinforce the top and also tie the legs in. They are welded to 1/4" thick plates that were put into the bottom of the form. It sits on three concrete pillars. Around that I made a 10' square patio out of local creek rocks. The 4 corners have concrete pillars on footers that I plan to build a roof over next year sometime.

Attached Files:

2. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Very cool! Great work. Thanks for sharing with us.

3. Mandy

Mandy New Member

Nice stand, I love it............

4. Jim1611

Jim1611 New Member

Thanks guys. :)

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

jim that is a very nice shooting bench! well done. you can come over to my house and build one anytime you like, just in case you need more practice!

6. Jim1611

Jim1611 New Member

Thanks axxe55. I still have the form :D

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

that really is a well made, nice looking bench. it should give you many years of shooting pleasure and also your great grandchildren will get to use it!

8. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Thats an awesome piece of work there...man how I envy you folks that can build a private range on your own land.

9. kenhesr

kenhesr New Member

I LIKE!!! Thats a GREAT set-up :)

What am I look'in at Jim, 100 yds out to the backstop?? Kinda hard to judge from the pic.

I don't think I'd even need to shoot to enjoy it. With a setting like that, give me a cold one and I can just TALK guns for hours. ;) Ken

10. lastcast

lastcast New Member

Nice Work!!!

All you need now is one of those portable tents to keep dry and not get sunburn, open on all sides and of course, the Bar-B-Que and ice chest.

Great place to spend time. Congrats!!:D:D

Lastcast

11. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

That thing looks great. I'd like to see picture of the top from looking downward at it.

play the victim, be the victim

12. Jim1611

Jim1611 New Member

Thanks. I wanted to make it to last. I figure as I get older I won't want to be fixing things, or too old to even be able to!!:) This past weekend my grandson and his dad used it for a couple of hours. That's one reason I made it, for other folks to use. Sometimes it gets allot of use.

Thanks!

Thanks. I hope to never live where I can't have somewhere to shoot.

Thanks. It is the backstop. I made a retaining wall about 4 feet tall into a hillside. Gives me a good level and flat place to sit targets. I've got visions of sitting there and talking guns too. :) Gonna have a roof over it next year hopefully so I figure that'll be a great place to hang a porch swing.

13. Jim1611

Jim1611 New Member

Thanks. I plan to put a roof over it next year, open on all sides like you mention too and have a place where we can stand our guns too.

Thanks. Sorry it took me so long to get the picture, I just did see the last two post today. Got almost all of it in the picture by standing on a step ladder on the tailgate of my truck. If you want any measurements let me know. I can sketch something up.

Attached Files:

14. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

Thanks for the pics that's a awesome shooting bench

play the victim, be the victim

15. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

best shooting set up ever.....

Wow, if any shooting bench/setup were to make into Home & Garden magazine, that should be the one. Awesome job, making civil engineers jealous without even trying....i just like looking at it. I have to add the property provides an ideal setting for that also...but still....

Thanks for sharing too!!

16. Jim1611

Jim1611 New Member

Thanks for the kind words guys. I really enjoyed building it and now using it.