Shooting 2060 Yards! 1.17 Miles

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Grizzdude, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Grizzdude

Grizzdude New Member

Hey Guys! A couple days ago I went out and did some of my best shooting ever, at 2060 yards! I was shooting my savage 110 BA chambered in 338 Lapua with 300gr Berger OTM's at a steel torso target. Out of a total of 18 rounds fired I landed 4 solid hits. I probably would have done better but I had no idea I was hitting the target so a few times I dialed off after hitting. Time to get a better spotting scope now! Made a short video of the shoot, hope you enjoy!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDb82W8mSdE"]Shooting 2060 Yards! 338 Lapua [/ame]

2. kaido

kaido New Member

I am legitimately jealous. Not only of the fact that you own such a wicked rifle, but also that you've got the range to actually let it shine. I would love to be able to hit targets out to even half the distance you did in this video.

Sadly I've only got a .243 so in stuck with maybe a max range of 500 yards or so before it becomes luck. I don't even think I could fine tarring allowing me to take a shot that far to be dead honest.

3. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

So where did you come by your shooting skills? And where is this shot? Looks like nice country.

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Griz- what are you using for glass, and what was the wind? Nice shooting, BTW.

5. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Gret video and shooting.

6. Grizzdude

Grizzdude New Member

My pops started having me shoot at the age of 6. But growing up I never had the chance to shoot much, only when we went camping out in the desert. But I always seemed to be a good shot. Then a couple years ago I found I was pretty good with a mosin nagant, then just last year got my first scoped rifle to see what I could really do. I've studied up on the fundamentals quite a bit, just learning to be consistent in everything. No formal training. This is shot in the colorado rocky mountains, very nice out here indeed!

Thanks! The scope is a nightforce nxs 5.5-22x56 MIL/MIL, the wind that morning was very low around 1-2 mph head wind with 3mph gust once in a while. I only had to dial .6 mil L and at least .5 mil went to correct spin drift.

7. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Cool, I'd love to make it out there and see that part of the country sometime.

8. coopertrooper

coopertrooper New Member

You are so lucky, I've always wanted to go out to a mile, but there is no where around here to go that distance

9. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

very impressive shooting! :D

10. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 New Member

Hey howdy fellow TFF member.