SHOOT THE PUCK! The hockey fan's asylum.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Mercator, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

There seem to be a few Members scattered in the forum, who care about ice hockey. Let's congregate. Please state your team affiliation. As a faceoff question, who's getting the Cup this year. Who's winning the Olympics. Or anything hockey you would like to share.

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I am a Blackhawks fan all the way. My Dad watched them when I was a kid and I've been a fan all my life. The 'Hawks have an incredible team this year, as they have the last few years. And Coach Q is superb, too. They are in line for the playoffs this year. Another Stanley cup? I'm not so sure this time. Last year I knew they would get it almost from the get-go. This year, I can only hope so.

3. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

For the Red Wings, I am starting to think maybe its best to forfeit the rest of the season and get some draft picks.

4. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

I LOVE hockey..... and I refuse to take part. I predict this thread will end badly.

5. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

6. Chestys1911

Chestys1911 New Member

Penguins fan here.

Sent from my DROID3 using Firearms Talk mobile app

7. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

I am a little concerned about what the Russians might do to Crosby. As well as to any star.

I brought it up last night on the Espo show on the NHL satellite channel. Phil E said, he would not send them there, but it is not Bettman's decision, the owners and the players assoc vote on that. He said he had voted against it while in Tampa Bay.

8. Chestys1911

Chestys1911 New Member

Yeah, its sucks that terrorism is always a concern. The Russians love hockey as much as we do so hopefully that protects them out of respect

Sent from my DROID3 using Firearms Talk mobile app

9. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

On ice! The host team has a lot more at stake than anyone. It is their Stanley Cup and more! The KHL will want to make a statement. They will be fighting. Has anyone seen the World Juniors between the US and Russia? The anger, the taunting? See the Russian coach gesture to the US bench on YouTube. You will not regret it. Or maybe you will, so caution.

10. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

My Dad always said hockey's something you do in the outhouse, not on skates.
    He also called basketball "armpit ball", because all you see is elbows and armpits.:p

11. fordracing

fordracing Member

Ahh. Hockey and guns. Fun

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  12. fordracing

fordracing Member

Ducks win the cup.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  13. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

With a big if. Perry or Getzlaff don't get hurt in Sochi. They're a top heavy team.

14. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

He must have been a Bruins fan. (Oh wait... here it comes...)

15. fordracing

fordracing Member

What a game today. Holy Oshie. I hear many people say that NHL players shouldn't be in the Olympics, but I enjoy watching the best players in the world play this tournament.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  16. GLI45

GLI45 New Member

What a game today. As an American I'm glad we won (Holy Oshie is right!) and as a Red Wings fan it was great to see Datsyuk work his magic and score two goals.

17. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Good game. Pavel had recovered just in time for it. I hope he does more for the Wings now that Zetterberg may be out for a while.

Oshie has been great with St Louis but somewhat a sleeper on sports pages. He deserves credit, big time. So does Coach B for sending him in for repeat SO runs, even though he hadn't scored every time. But the guy who really won the game I think was Quick.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  18. GLI45

GLI45 New Member

Yes, it will be tough for the Wings if Hank is out for a while and that's what it looks like. You're right about Quick. Between him and the fearless shot blocking it kept us in the game. I honestly didn't think we would survive overtime with so many sharpshooters on the Russian team and the extra space in 4 on 4 on the bigger ice sheet. Every time Ovechkin tees it up I hold my breath. Now let's just not look past Slovenia. Stranger things have happened.

19. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Hey, one of the few ex partners I still am friends with is on that ch. Sometimes,...he writes for Hockey news, and covers some games, also does Hockey stats for Elias, and wastes his time for Bleacher Report...

20. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Darn it!! I have not seen any of the Olympics hockey games.