Shipping to Australia, cheap?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by spittinfire, Jan 28, 2010.

1. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Alright, I've started making a small product for Triumph Spitfires and GT6s and selling them. I have my first international interest but the cheapest I can ship a 2# box from me to him is $87!! I have a Fedex business account which is where I got my quote. Does anyone here know of a cheaper way to ship internationally?

2. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Smuggling?

Seriously, no patent pending, description or pictures of this new product Spitty? WBTW, would be wise, especially if you have International interest.

And I thought the purchaser was supposed to pay for S&H, or have I been doing it wrong all these years? :eek:

Jack

3. Wheelspin

Wheelspin New Member

I sell alot on ebay and I've found the cheapest option for international shipping is generally the flat rate boxes from the USPS. Check their site for sizes and prices as they have four different boxes in different sizes.

USPS Flat rate boxes international

The boxes are free from any post office, you just pay the postage when you send it out.

4. spittinfire

Thanks wheelspin, I didn't realize USPS had international flat rate boxes. MUCH cheaper.

Hey Jack, do you really want a picture of some Spitfire suspension parts?

5. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Inquiring minds would like to see! :D Please!

And also, a QA check for rust...you know, to help a brother out. ;)

Jack

6. NGIB

NGIB New Member

When I worked for the Finnish company, we used DHL as our main shipper as they were a lot cheaper than UPS or FedEx...

7. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

+1, I was just going to suggest trying DHL. My ex-wife had her wedding gown made to fit, overseas. They shipped it to us DHL, for last second fitting, then we sent it back for last alterations. All of the shipping was paid for by them (I'm sure it came back to us in the price somewhere :p) But alterations took a little longer than expected and they had to next-day it to us to make it for the wedding. It came that morning, lots of time, and in great shape. I don't mind recommending them at all.

I didn't USPS had flat rate boxes now for overseas. It might be worth a call to compare the prices.

Slo

8. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

Im curious as an owner of a Triumph Sports 6 :D

9. spittinfire

That is a totally different animal. I don't have any pics here but when I get home I'll post some for you guys.

10. spittinfire

Here's the picture

DSC_0394.jpg

It's a simple but very effective piece.

11. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

Nice!
    That shouldnt be that expensive to ship, Ive only purchased from AUS. Its always been somewhat pricey, But the items have been fairly heavy or large.
    Good luck