Shipping Rifles

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by 2111, Aug 6, 2012.

1. 2111

2111 New Member

I am about to ship my first order (a rifle)...where can you get boxes for that...for handguns I just use the medium one rate from USPS...the got nuthin that will hold a rifle :cool:

2. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Check Staples they have lots of different size boxes.

3. 2111

2111 New Member

Thanks marc29th....its those obvious things that always get me :eek:

4. marc29th

marc29th New Member

No problem that's what the forum is for.

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

You CAN order rifle boxes from the folks that make boxes. You can also use (and charge for) an inexpensive hard sided rifle case (keep the box it came it- you will need to put it back in box to ship) I have paid as little as $9 each.

Advice on shipping- remove bolt if bolt action. If barrel can easily be removed, do so (like a bolt action) Saves on broken stocks. Pad the ends with about 4-6 inches of Styrofoam or tightly balled newspaper.

Check electrical supply houses- the boxes that fluorescent light fixtures come in can also be used. And if all else fails, check gun shops in your area...

6. 2111

2111 New Member

C3shooter....dumb question. Do I open the weapon when i get it from the distributor? wont the customer think it is used? i assumed that the serial number and all that info i needed for my aquistions book would be outside the box...

7. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I always reuse the ones they come in :D oh and I always check the firearm. I had a SCAR come in where the paperwork said one thing and the rifle said another.

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

What he said up there. Put not your trust in boxes and invoices- READ the numbers for self.

9. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

ATF expects you to read the number from the firearm.