Shield

Discussion in 'Smith & Wesson Forum' started by GLOCK17OD, Mar 27, 2013.

1. GLOCK17OD

GLOCK17OD New Member

So I want to know y'all's thoughts on the S&W shield

2. Jtelli71

Jtelli71 New Member

its a real nice gun. I shoot mine well. the grip is nice and has a nice trigger. you won't be disappointed

3. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

Haha...pretty hard to find right now..bUT everyone that I know that has one loves it!

4. GLOCK17OD

GLOCK17OD New Member

Ya I should have picked one up when I had the chance. I fear our dictator.... I mean president will make it even harder to get one in the near future

5. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

You can find them..but they are kind of like .22 ammo..when you find it..you have to jump quick. Locally I follow about 6-8 LGS a week and someo.e gets at least one every week. Good luck!

6. Jtelli71

Jtelli71 New Member

me and 3 of my friends got our shields from grabagun.com

they are great to work with and didn't gauge the price....

7. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

For those of you that make firearm purchases online.....doesn't it cost you more than buying locally? When transferring through ffl I mean?

8. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

My wife loves hers. It shoots really well and is also extremely comfortable to hold and conceal.

9. GLOCK17OD

GLOCK17OD New Member

Thank you sincerely for the info gents. Gun grab. Com seems like something I need to check out. And as I currently live in commiefornia I'm worried about buying a gun at all

10. 1turkeyhunter

1turkeyhunter New Member

My LGS only charges 25 dollars to receive, transfer, and background check for individuals. Well worth it when purchasing firearms that are otherwise hard to find.

11. Donn

Donn Active Member

I like mine. It's like the Energizer Bunny, keeps going and going.

12. ALfiremedic1

ALfiremedic1 New Member

I bought mine today. I was just lookin and I saw it. I haven't been able to find one a while, but when I saw it...I had to have it. Put a few rounds through it, and I'm in love. I'll have to ask forgiveness for the wife later

image-2683531937.jpg

13. Sparrowe

Sparrowe New Member

We love our Shields! I was at my lgs in Ohio about a month ago and I asked to put my name on the list for a 9mm shield. They had a list of over 50 names waiting. They said it will be long wait. So the next day I was looking on an online gun forum and they gave a name of another lgs in Ohio that is about 75 miles away from me that sell 1st come 1st serve. I emailed them and they had one 9mm shield and saved it for me for $429. A week later my 1st lgs called and they had got in 100 shields and mine was waiting for me so I bought the 2nd one for my wife for $419. We just completed our Ohio CCW class and we both love our Shields!!! Awesome concealable gun! Can't believe how lucky I was to get 2 shields!

14. Point6liter

Point6liter New Member

Love mine. Incredibly accurate for such a short barrel and the recoil was surprisingly less than I expected. I love everything about the trigger except how heavy the pull is from the factory but that can be smoothed out and lightened slightly to help out a little bit. What I hate more than anything is ordering "available" extra 8 round mags and paying for two day shipping only for them to actually be back ordered for anywhere from 3 weeks to 2 months. And having to call and wait on hold for a half hour to find out.....

15. Sparrowe

Sparrowe New Member

Check out ebay for those 8 round mags.

16. ALfiremedic1

ALfiremedic1 New Member

Due tell how to work those triggers. I was having trouble adjusting today at the range. I formerly had a kahr cw40, and I loved those triggers...so you can understand the problem

17. Point6liter

Point6liter New Member

Just did a general trigger job on it. Plus some. I have a PDF on it if you'de like it. I don't reccomend doing it if you aren't familiar with this kind of work.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. ALfiremedic1

ALfiremedic1 New Member

Ya if you could send it to me that would be great

19. ALS11

ALS11 New Member

I've been thinking of getting one. I may have to wait till the rush dies down. I'm not about to pay over list for it. Glock17OD I am also in a part of the EVIL AXIS. I live in commieneticut. I'll check out Gun Grab. Thanks