Shield won't load last round into clip

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by Kitfox, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Kitfox

Kitfox New Member

So does Smith and Wesson just suck or is this unusual?

The 7 round clip that came with my MP shield will take 7 rounds. the 6 round clip...will NOT take 6 rounds. I forced the 6th round into the clip..and it will not even let me jam the clip into the gun...it's not accepting it.

What the hell?? Is SW so incompetent and crappy that they can't even provide a 6 round clip when they say it's 6 rounds?

Is there some general clearing house website that says what makers suck and what dont?

2. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome! You might want to call them “magazines”..... Smith and Wesson magazines are stiff, they will loosen up over time, get a magazine loader:
    https://www.maglula.com/product/uplula-9mm-to-45acp
    C
    ome back and let us know how it’s going after 500 rounds or so

Fred_G, 7point62, Caveman Jim and 4 others like this.

3. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Shield MAGAZINES tend to have some pretty stout magazine springs. They take some breaking in.

I'm not aware that Shield makes 6 round magazines

Rifling82 likes this.
  4. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

Brand new factory mags are gonna have stiff springs because they never have been loaded.

I would say load it to 5 rounds for now and just shoot it like that for a while until the mag spring breaks in.

Or use snap caps/dummy rounds or you can use live rounds (make sure firearm is somewhere separate and secure) and just sit down and load and unload the magazine. This will help break in the spring. This is an alternative incase you can't always go out to the range or your having a hard time finding ammo like most folks do during this period of time.

But again, magazines that are brand new weather their factory or aftermarket need time to break in. Obviously shooting the gun is the fastest way to break in your gun and mag but like I said, incase that's not always an option. You can sit down while watching TV or something and load/unload the magazine over and over. This is a slower process breaking in your mag spring but it works.

AgedWarrior and Rifling82 like this.
  5. Kitfox

Kitfox New Member

Wow..Clips..Magazines..whatever.. we got a NWO takeover happening and this is what you obsess over..yeah.

So basically SW is crap and does not make good guns or "magazines"..gotcha. 500 rounds..yeah...LOL

Does anyone make a good aftermarket "magazine" for the SW shield that does not suck?

6. Trunk Monkey

You've just been told that Smith & Wesson makes Shield magazines that have a very strong spring.

A strong spring would have a tendency to last longer before it needs to be replaced. That doesn't seem like a "Not good magazine".

Get a Maglula and roll

AgedWarrior likes this.
  7. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

Get stronger fingers

8. Rifling82

There’s a lot of guns that require a break in period just the way it is, I’m sure you can find some used magazines, check out GunBroker

AgedWarrior and PANDEMIC like this.
  9. Kitfox

Kitfox New Member

Yeah, the stock magazine sucks so bad...in order to load the last round, it literally puts dents into the shell casing. I've had to toss 3 rounds that got deformed by me trying to put the last round in the magazine. in my mind..that's a defect and the product sucks. Since SW is not known for a high quality fit or finish, just wondering is this is normal.

10. Kitfox

Kitfox New Member

Promag is one company that comes up..any others that make good clips that don't damage your ammo to put the last round into?

11. Trunk Monkey

Pro-mags are better than Smith & Wesson factory magazines? And we still haven't accounted for the fact that Smith & Wesson doesn't make a 6 round magazine for the Shield

Time for this

[​IMG]

7point62 and Rifling82 like this.
  12. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

Easy pal. Magazines and clips are clearly different items. Smith has been making and selling weapons for a hundred years, so, clearly they aren't junk.
    Load 5 until you can load 6.

13. Trunk Monkey

Point of clarification

The M&P Shield .40 S&W has a 6 round magazine.

14. Kitfox

Kitfox New Member

yes, it does. the 6 round mag is the "flush" magazine..concealable. the 7 round has the extended reality..

Basically, for those of you not informed, the SW Shield comes with 2 mags...a 7 round (which I was able to load 7 rounds into) and a 6 round (flush) magazine, which I was not able to load 6 round into without damaging the ammo.

I hope that clears things up.

15. Kitfox

Kitfox New Member

Up yours..you are the troll sparky.

Gatoragn likes this.
  16. Rifling82

It’ll take a little while to get those magazines broke in, break in periods are pretty common in the firearm industry

PANDEMIC likes this.
  17. Kitfox

Kitfox New Member

magazine..clip..what's the difference?

18. Rifling82

19. Kitfox

Kitfox New Member

wow..you got nothing better to do than actually answer my question?

20. Kitfox

Kitfox New Member

Okay, I get it..SW makes crappy guns and mags. They don't have the fit or finish of a Glock. I just have to put up with the defects. Gotcha